Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so new, so sorry, please help?

Options
  • 23-02-2008 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Complete newbie, I do apologise, please put up with me....

I would like to get a tattoo, my first, and I would like a peacock feather on my hip. I want it to be absolutely beautiful, and done realistically, not stylised, and obviously in full colour. I want it to be the very best possible, so I don't really mind about the cost.

A few questions if you have time:
    1. Any suggestions where to get it done? Preferably in Dublin city, Ashbourne or Drogheda?

2. What is the etiquette for getting a tattoo? Do I go in and book an appointment to discuss it with an artist, or do you just do that when you walk in? Is it necessary to enquire about it beforehand, as in, will there be a waiting list or can you get it done the same day?

3. Can you ask an artist how they'd do it, say you'll think about it, ask another, and then go home and pick which you'd prefer?

And just rubbish (sorry), but after I get my peacock feather, I want to get a parrot on my shoulder too. Just, to say that....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

For realistic colour work I'd say Justin Russell in Zulu (Templebar), Jani in Wildcat (Stevens Green) or Darren in Colourworks (Templebar). Go in and talk to the artist first and bring some reference material too.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i don't think you can usually get it done the day you go in, but certainly go in and talk to a few people around the place and decide who you like best, and whose work you like best, i reckon. unless you make an appointment, you have no obligations to any one artist.

though the way i picture you want your peacock feather, i would reckon probably john in inkwell could be a good bet, largely based from the work he did for popecatepetal in here, i thought htat piece was just amazing.

Advertisement