Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOS Season 2 HD remaster cancelled

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

A shame really though I have no doubt it will be on Blu ray disc before the year is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

How are these remastered versions btw? Haven't seen any yet. Do they actually add anything to the episodes or is it just hd and video quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Great picture quality and redone effects. For example, all exterior / space shots are now done in modern CGI.

But it's very faithfully done in most cases. Unlike the Star Wars 'Special Editions', there's very little extra added... it just all looks a bit better.

I quite like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Ro: maaan! wrote: »
    How are these remastered versions btw? Haven't seen any yet. Do they actually add anything to the episodes or is it just hd and video quality?

Check out the Star Trek site for before and afters

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/TOS/article/28095.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

**** and i have already orderded season 1 HD guess seasn 2 hd is something ill have to get in bluray then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My Season 1 boxset arrived today... Got it for just 40 euro thanks to the demise of HD-DVD.

Just watched two episodes so far, but I'm really loving it... The colours look fantastic and the sound is brilliant as well.

The season 2 remastered HD set is cancelled, but the ordinary, standard defination set is still set for release.

Star Trek (Remastered) - Season 2 (DVD) from Amazon.co.uk out 5th August 2008!

This set contains all the remastered episodes, but just in ordinary defination

kool ill buy it, but i still would love to see it in HD, it had been so many years watching season 1 in HD was amazing

Well, a blu-ray release is predicted, but still not a single Trek release annouced yet.

Paramount have made their announcement of the inital BR titles, sadly no Trek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Season 2 seems to available via Xbox in HD?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/marketplace/media/a72b20ca-e0c9-4915-a4d4-9d0be28270bc/

I'm not sure how accurate the original article is, because wasn't the re-mastered The Doomsday Machine shown in a Belfast cinema last year? And that's Season 2. It's been aired re-mastered in the US too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

plazzTT wrote: »
    Season 2 seems to available via Xbox in HD?
    I think (not entirely sure) that it's the HD-DVD release of the remastered episodes that has been cancelled. Along with the entire HD-DVD format itself.

But as far as I know season two episodes (and maybe season 3?) did receive the remaster treatment and are, or will be, available on DVD...... and, seemingly, in HD on Xbox.

i have to buy a x-box to legally watch season 2 in HD DVD?

Advertisement