Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of a screwup?

Options
  • 23-02-2008 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

So here's the thing.
    Everyone else I know seems to have gotten their letter, even the ones who've changed address and economic-system (not looking at anyone in particular here, Thursday) since '07, but I haven't.
    Not much of a problem in itself, but I have this worrying recollection of Christine at the last commuter meeting saying "Really, you're not 16? We all thought you were..."

Just to make that really clear:

"WE all thought you were..."

So, has anyone else a) Not gotten a letter or b) had an experience with Admin guessing their age? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

I would let it sit another week, and then ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

If everyone you know has gotten a letter then you should give the office a ring and ask if they've sent all of them out yet. It could be that they're sending them out in a couple of bunches, in which case you've nothing to worry about, but it could also have gotten lost in the post. It's worth giving them a ring to check not least because it will put your mind at ease.

Don't worry about them making a mistake about your age btw. Doesn't happen. The office is really well-organised and they have everyone's details stored properly. Don't worry about that.

(I should explain that I worked in the office for a few summers so that's how I know just how experly organised everything is!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Zebby

So. All is sorted. I hope.

I emailed them the other day, and I got a reply this evening telling me that because I turn 17 in May of this year I am no longer eligible for Summer Courses. The reply saying that I don't has been sent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

I've my fingers crossed for you anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

You got your letter in the end, didn't you? I wonder whose birthday IS in May and who is now a five-year-freak... or alternatively, is now facing the news that sorry, no, they can't come back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Zebby

Yes! I did! Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭markytowny94

my birthday is in sess 1 and i could have been a 6year freak

ie 11-12 ,
    12-13,
    13-14,
    14-15,
    15-16,
    16-17, im guessin they would let me in the last year cos i will be sixteen for a bit of it.

unfortunately tho i did 8-13 form the ages of 9-12 and there was a year gap with the entrance exam and stuff. pheww! okay im done new. f****** numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Eh, no. Because they wouldn't let you in from 11-12. The youngest people I've ever seen there were 12 through the whole session, and they're unusual. And, frankly, were too young, imho. CTYI is from 13-16, in general.

(Information may be 3 years out of date, terms and conditions apply)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Raphael wrote: »
    Eh, no. Because they wouldn't let you in from 11-12. The youngest people I've ever seen there were 12 through the whole session, and they're unusual. And, frankly, were too young, imho. CTYI is from 13-16, in general.

(Information may be 3 years out of date, terms and conditions apply)

I know two people who went for six years and started when they were eleven...granted they weren't from our fair country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Gorram Foreigners!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jeni-english

I think I'll probably be the oldest there this year, and I'm a newbie. . my birthday's 15 days before the cut-off point!

There are twins this year who's birthday is in the middle of the last week. They probably beat you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jeni-english

Excellent :D Being a newbie and all I'm a little . . not very nervous really, I like meeting new people, but just hoping I'm not the only old one there, y'know?

Excellent :D Being a newbie and all I'm a little . . not very nervous really, I like meeting new people, but just hoping I'm not the only old one there, y'know?

Don't cha worry. All us auld ones sort of sit in the corner and feel old together.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was a seventeenie in my last year (turned 17 during S1 2001... **** I feel old) - but they seem to have tightened things up since then.

Advertisement