Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cannons of taxation: Keep it simple

Options
  • 23-02-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Despite having read the numerous threads about the new VRT and Tax system, im still a tad confused.....

If you buy a new car today, and tax it for 12 months, I imagine you pay todays rate ie non emissions based rate. My question is when you come to tax the car in a years time i presume you pay based on the new emissions standard.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

greatdeeds wrote: »
    Despite having read the numerous threads about the new VRT and Tax system, im still a tad confused.....

If you buy a new car today, and tax it for 12 months, I imagine you pay todays rate ie non emissions based rate. My question is when you come to tax the car in a years time i presume you pay based on the new emissions standard.....

As it stands now if you buy a new car before 1st July you tax it on the current engine size system and it stays on that system for the foreseeable future.

Of course what plans the Government have for cars on the current tax system in years to come is unknown at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 greatdeeds

bazz26 wrote: »
    As it stands now if you buy a new car before 1st July you tax it on the current engine size system and it stays on that system even next year.

Of course what plans the Government have for cars on the current tax system in years to come is unknown at this time.

Cheers for that.

Advertisement