Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox css problem

Options
  • 23-02-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

It seems when i add two select dropdowns in my left column the right column isnt positioned properly.

1.jpg shows how it should look (but without the dropdowns) and then 2.jpg shows the dropdowns added in but the right column isnt on the right anymore (it's down under the left column)

This happened on another website i had before, any ideas on whats happening ? it's just firefox

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Are you using fixed widths? I'd hazard a guess that your <selects> are pushing the width of the left col. That means the main content area is now narrower than expected, so any fixed-width stuff will shove down the page to where there is enough space for the fixed-width required. Or something along those lines, anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

I have the following
    <div id="bodyWrapper">
        <div class="left">content</div>
        <div class="right">content</div>
    </div>

and the following css
    div#bodyWrapper
    {
    	width:900px;
    	margin:auto;
    	display:table;
    	background:url(../_images/bodyWrapperBg.gif) repeat-y top left;
    }

div#bodyWrapper .left
    {
    	width:175px;
    	background:#e2e2e2;
    	float:left;
    }

div#bodyWrapper .right
    {
    	width:705px;
    	float:left;
    	padding:10px;
    }

as you will see .left is 175px wide. I have specified the selects in this div to be 160px wide.

It's weird, if i disable a proprerty of the right column in firebug and then enable it again everything seems fine :mad:

Thanks

Advertisement