Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone been to the cosy thai??

• 23-02-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

has anyone been to the cosy thai in kilmeaden, formerly the cosy thatch????is it any good?whats the food like???price???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

only found out it was open when i passed yesterday , its hardly open long ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

It's very good. The staff are friendly and the thatch is well, cosy. I thought the food was delicious and the prices are what you would expect for slightly upscale asian dining. I think the opening hours are only Thursday, Friday, Saturday (sunday maybe). It's best to just call and make a reservation to ensure they'll be open. The owner is a serious character and its great to go in and have a drink by the large open fire before and after your meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Food is all right, nothing special, and definetly not upscale.Portions good.Owner is a bit of a pain in the arse, put me off going there again.I kinda prefer being left alone when I go in to eat instead of having some one pester me when I'm trying to relax with my friends.However the rest of the staff are very nice and friendly, as good as you'll get anywhere.Nice setting but very quiet ...too quiet for me.Made me wonder was there a reason for it, something that maybe every one else knows that I don't.
    Would recommend it if you want a change but I can honestly say I won't be going back, the thai restaurants in the city are better and cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

Would definetly disagree with above statement!!!!

Having just been to the cosy thai,i found the price very reasonable, alot cheaper than most other thai restaurants, the food was lovely couldn't fault it and their was plenty of it, the overall service and staff very good.

the owner didnt enter the restaurant at any time as stated above, but having spoken to him when we went in for a drink in the bar we both found him to be both pleasant and polite and not pestering people!!!!

We will definetly be going back again for a meal and having a few drinks at the bar

We would definetly recommend the cosy thai to anyone,it was an enjoyable pleasant experience

Advertisement