Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contracts

Options
  • 23-02-2008 11:58pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey..
    Just in the middle of finalising contracts that I am going to start using, as agreements via email can be quite messy.

I was scanning the net for related articles and found this; http://www.sitepoint.com/article/bulletproof-web-design-contract/

Thought it was very interesting, for freelancers and businesses like myself. Handy guide for creating contracts, and Google has some great examples of contracts people can use to start them of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Thanks Sully. Looks great, gives lots of good advice as well.

I was just considering making one myself, although really, i dont need one, but I'm just going to be safe anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

nevf wrote: »
    Thanks Sully. Looks great, gives lots of good advice as well.

I was just considering making one myself, although really, i dont need one, but I'm just going to be safe anyway.

Better safe then sorry, and I think the writer has the experience to advise!

Sully wrote: »
    Better safe then sorry, and I think the writer has the experience to advise!
    I must admit, he makes a great job of probing into those scenarios, that it might just be a good idea to watch out for in a contract!
    Great link!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you're going to use any of those documents as a starting point for contracts you should get them checked out by an Irish solicitor

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

blacknight wrote: »
    If you're going to use any of those documents as a starting point for contracts you should get them checked out by an Irish solicitor

Including the pre-made contracts. They have a disclaimer on the site anyway, but there american and laws differ there.

Handy tho.

• Advertisement

blacknight wrote: »
    Thats why I never made them sooner, I'm going making my own, and then giving it to a solicitor to edit. It's cheaper than just starting from scratch.

Advertisement