Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothing but hardcore

• 24-02-2008 12:04am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I used to love HC mode but hate it now at this stage.
    Amlost every server i join recently is hc,even the ones with no reference to hc in the name are almost all hc.
    Anyone else find the same?

We had the whole hc versus standard debate already but definitely and sadly im seeing far more hc servers than standard :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Yeah Hardcore is becoming far more popular in public than standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Ours is still standard and will stay that way , problem is we have been a small bit quiet of late so server is quiet most of the day and some nights recently aswell .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Hardcore all the way. First day I bought it I started playing HC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I fully agree Dcully! I find Hardcore gay myself and even if a server does not have "HC" or "Hardcore" in the name it turns out 80% of the time it's a HC server... Sick of it at this stage... :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

We switched our server from hc to standard and its gone from full all day to empty most of the day :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

ever tried an AK74 on hardcore?

you dont even need to aim, just run around the map and mouse1 your way to victory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

KamiKazi wrote: »
    ever tried an AK74 on hardcore?

you dont even need to aim, just run around the map and mouse1 your way to victory!

How so, spray and pray. I find it very inaccurate. M4 Carbine with faster rate of fire and deep impact is much more useful.

Deep impact and prety much all other damage perks are rendered useless in hardcore.
    Infact all weapons are almost the same,its total BS,aim and one click = dead enemy,how lame.

I never noticed. I just thought it was replays disabled, no map, and certain perks and weapons. Never paid much attention to be honest. AK recoil like B and I can never aim with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I don't like hardcore. The 1 hit kill seems to just encourage camping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I don't like Hardcore much either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Enough said really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Irish e-sports run a standard, 32 man, team deathmatch server that's full nearly all the time. I only really play in there or a few of my other favourites. Hate the server list lottery.

Well it makes it a different game. Stops rushing and kamikazes with martyrdumbs etc. You just have to adapt to whatever the game is.

Seifer wrote: »
    Irish e-sports run a standard, 32 man, team deathmatch server that's full nearly all the time. I only really play in there or a few of my other favourites. Hate the server list lottery.

Same here. With my NTL high pings is a frequent problem. The Irish e-sports I get the lowest pings if the wind is in the right direction. Otherwise I tend to pick a game with less players.

I play on it too the odd time but 32 players on cod4 maps is just ridiculous imo.
    Anything above 18-20 is crazy.

I wonder what the result would be of my hardcore v standard poll a few weeks ago would be now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

jonski wrote: »
    I wonder what the result would be of my hardcore v standard poll a few weeks ago would be now ?
    Do another then! My vote won't change though! Hardcore is gay! :p

Do another then! My vote won't change though! Hardcore is gay! :p

Just had a look there and it is only two weeks since the last one so it is a bit soon yet but while typing this I came up with a new one that might better reflect the debate that I had in my mind . Cully had brought up a very good point about hardcore maybe being better for console versions as the aiming might not be as quick , which not being a console player is something I never thought of .

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

I only switched over from ut3 to cod4 3 weeks ago now. I have to say, initially I played a lot of hardcore as most of the servers were HC but it gets annoying. Imo it will always be more popular in public for the same reason instagib is most popular in ut, becos its easier and more noob friendly. All the weapons become more or less the same, 1 shot kills from almost any range.

Needless to say, my favourites now only consists of non hc servers. the iE 32 player TDM server is great fun actually. Its basically the only place I've been playing the past couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement