Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goldeneye is coming to XBLA on the 27th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

:eek: I hope it includes all the classic missions! Cant wait to play the jungle level again, and the one in the tank! I played them repeatedly so many times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Multiplayer??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I think they meant the magazine is coming out the 27th and not the actual game. Still, cant wait for it though and it better have online multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Screw goldeneye, I read peggle is coming to the XBLA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    I think they meant the magazine is coming out the 27th and not the actual game. Still, cant wait for it though and it better have online multiplayer.

Ah crap, you might be right. Either way I'm happy it's gonna happen anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

the game is still cancelled, theyre showing screens from the cancelled version. duh Craig.

ShaneU wrote: »
    the game is still cancelled, theyre showing screens from the cancelled version. duh Craig.

We will see when the mag comes ShaneU or Shane86 or some other username your using on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Game is still cancelled. The article clearly states this and mentions the 27th as the release date for the magazine.

Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Change the thread title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Why would they cancel this?! This thread is just cruel!!
    It doesn't sound very cancelled in that article?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I hope its not cancelled and if they do release it then it better have online multiplayer.
    It was one of the best multilayer games I ever played.

Right, It would be fault to say that Goldeneye will be coming out on the 27th but, give me a break. When I found about it at the time, I was very excited and just posted the news up here ASAP. Yes, It doesn't actually say that it's coming out on the 27th but, something about the game will be out in that magazine on the 27th. Either way, I'll be reading.

Also, How do you change the name of the thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Talk bout getting my knickers in a twist!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93383
    "Microsoft Game Studios has told Eurogamer that it has no plans to release GoldenEye on Xbox Live Arcade.

It also rubbished recent reports by Xbox World 360 magazine, which promised to unveil the title in its next edition.

"The story in Xbox World 360 is based entirely on rumour and speculation," MGS told us.

"Unfortunately, we were never contacted by the publication to confirm information or participate in the story in any way, as we would have confirmed that we do not have the necessary rights to release GoldenEye on Xbox Live Arcade."

Microsoft Game Studios does "share the gaming community's enthusiasm" for the title and would "love to release" it on the service.

However, until Microsoft and Nintendo can come to a mutual agreement, it seems there will be no PP7 antics for a while to come.

Shame."

"Nice" tactic by Xbox World 360 to drum up more sales for their magazine though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

koneko wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93383

"Nice" tactic by Xbox World 360 to drum up more sales for their magazine though :rolleyes:

I hate Nintendo for what they've done regarding Goldeneye... Of course, they haven't given their side of the story, but for me that might as well be an admission of guilt!

Anyone get a hold of this mag? or have any scans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ahhh I really hope it gets released.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Hope it does. I never had a N64, but I always went to my friends' houses who all had one to play it. Definately the greatest game ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Goldeneye on XBL would be amazing. I can't express how much I love that game. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us with it before Quantum of Solace is released! Wishful thinking, I know, but I need that little bit of hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Fun and all as it would be to play Goldeneye again, and Rare probably do have a version that's 80% complete as it says in most internet rumours.

Unfortunately, as is posted on the AceyBongos web site - which is a fairly official source, since he's the UK equivalent of Major Nelson (Microsoft Community liaison person).
    If you’ve seen rumours that GoldenEye is coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade (and who hasn’t, because they’ve been going around for AGES) I’m afraid that they still remain rumours. I’ve asked around and here’s what the official word is:

“There is no truth to the rumor of plans to release Golden Eye on Xbox LIVE Arcade. While we share the gaming community’s enthusiasm over the possibility, we do not have the necessary rights to release the game on Xbox LIVE Arcade.”

While you, me and everyone else in Xbox would love to see GoldenEye on XBLA, anything you see confirming that it will be coming is only speculation. The fact is that there are currently no plans to release the game on XBLA. Sorry!

MS can't release it on XBLA because they don't have the rights. Sure Rare made the game, and they're now owned by MS, but main rights for that Goldeneye game belong to Nintendo - and I'm sure they're going to either hold on to bring it to the Virtual Console eventually, or wait for more money to be offered from MS.

• Advertisement

or wait for more money to be offered from MS.

Come on Bill, its pocket change!! Do us a favour!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

why cant everyone be happy and just let it be released on xbla, vc and psn :| ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

danbhala wrote: »
    why cant everyone be happy and just let it be released on xbla, vc and psn :| ????

Because this world is not ideal Dan!

And €€€€ always comes into play....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

forget goldeneye bring resi 1,2,3 instead :):):)

Advertisement