Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soya allergy?

Options
  • 24-02-2008 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

I was talking to a friend about being vegetarian and was telling her about the fake meats that taste pretty much the same as the real thing, so she agreed to have a veggie hot dog (tesco's brand) and she thinks it made her sick! runs, stomach pain etc. :( Is it possible that she has an allergy to soya? The guilt! :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm sure people can be allergic to anything, she can get tested to see what she is allergic to.

If you want a fake meat that tastes like the real thing or better, frys hotdogs are far better than tescos, also try quorn meat balls, linda mccartney sausage rolls, maybe frys cutlets too, mmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Thanks, I did actually think the tesco's one's were a bit slimy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Yes, people can be allergic to soya. I have heard it before alright. On a quick google you get http://www.soya.be/soy-allergy.php

Advertisement