Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SP2 = spawn of Satan

• 24-02-2008 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Hi

I recently aquired an ipod and in order for me to install itunes I need service pack 2. Left the pc on all night running automatic updates from microsoft which left me with lots of stuff including messenger .. none of which I wanted but still no sp2. I tried downloading it from another site but it would not run. How do I go about getting it? I go to microsoft.com search for service pack 2 ... click on get sp2 now .. and it runs updates .. when it finishes I restart .. but still no sp2 :( ... I'm using XP 2002 home edition ... I normally use firefox but I thought maybe it was quicktime or the browser (don't know why I thought that) that might be affecting the installation of itunes .. but when I went to download iExplorer 7 is said I needed sp2 for that also.
    I need sp2

Please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sweet Jebus, are there actually people out there still running sub SP2?

Download the full installer here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Download the full installer here.

I tried that and it says its not a valid win32 application when I go to run it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Have you checked that there is no spyware or viruses on your machine.

SP2 and all the other updated plugged lots of security hole. If they were not plugged on your machine there is a strong possibility that you got infected and it is the infection that is stopping sp2 being loaded.

Have you checked that there is no spyware or viruses on your machine.

SP2 and all the other updated plugged lots of security hole. If they were not plugged on your machine there is a strong possibility that you got infected and it is the infection that is stopping sp2 being loaded.

Had avg antivirus, just got avg anti spyware .. few tracking cookies found but thats it. Seems pretty clean. :confused:

Well, try downloading the full installer again.

May just have got corrupted.

I believe there is also an disk image out there with all the updates rolled into one.

Can look for the link if it would be useful but would be best to sort out the issue with Microsoft updates first.

• Advertisement

Shane you is right ... :D dats what the problem was ... Microsoft updates ... it was showing as active but when I went into it it wasn't! I take back the spawn of satan remark .. the microsoft website actually helped ... it suggested running services.au ... currently half ways through installing sp2

Thanks for the replies!

Good to hear it is working now.

Don't take away the spawn of satan remark yet. You will need it again. Guaranteed

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

As a broadband installer i actually regularly come across windows 98 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    As a broadband installer i actually regularly come across windows 98 :eek:

98 is actually not that bad its handy to install an ethernet adapter, its much better the win95 or winme

saw win95 just last week and they had an 07 jeep, I helped them buy a new dell vostro with vista online

Advertisement