Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Power Steering Whine

Options
  • 24-02-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Anyone have any issue with honda power steering noise/whine esp on Accords circa 00-02 time frame.
    Terrible whine from the ps pump when I turn the steering wheel now.....

Mechanic removed the Aircon pump before xmas so removed ps belt to get at it. Refitted ps belt, and all ok. Last week, got the AC pump refitted, and the ps belt removed and refitted to allow this, but ever since it whines like crazy especially when turning the steering wheel even when stationery.
    He has adjusted the ps belt multiple times, flushed the PS fluid, and tried two different ps types to no avail. He says it has happened on 2 Accords he recently did as well, but they settled down overnight. Mine has same engine as Accord (Odyssey import)...
    Just seeing if anyone else has come across this, looks like i'll be checking the breakers for old accord power steering pumps...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Black Sky wrote: »
    Anyone have any issue with honda power steering noise/whine esp on Accords circa 00-02 time frame.
    Terrible whine from the ps pump when I turn the steering wheel now.....

Mechanic removed the Aircon pump before xmas so removed ps belt to get at it. Refitted ps belt, and all ok. Last week, got the AC pump refitted, and the ps belt removed and refitted to allow this, but ever since it whines like crazy especially when turning the steering wheel even when stationery.
    He has adjusted the ps belt multiple times, flushed the PS fluid, and tried two different ps types to no avail. He says it has happened on 2 Accords he recently did as well, but they settled down overnight. Mine has same engine as Accord (Odyssey import)...
    Just seeing if anyone else has come across this, looks like i'll be checking the breakers for old accord power steering pumps...

sounds strange, is there some sort of air in the system??

on a previous car i had if the PS fluid rand low, and you reved the engine high, it would start to whine a bit, that's usually when i knew the top up the PS fluid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

There was no problem with the PS until the mechanic went near it. Is that correct?

Advertisement