Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mt. Scrap Metal - Highest Peak in Ireland??

• 24-02-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I've read a few bits and pieces in the paper but does anyone have the low-down on the eye sore of scrap metal on the ferrybank side of the quays? - To the best of my knowledge, there is some loop hole in the courts system meaning that the company responsible don't have to move, are not planning on moving it (infact planning on making it bigger), and it will take a long time to force them to.

Any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was wondering about that pile myself a while back. Its in danger on putting down roots.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

They loaded some onto a ship a while ago and the digger and claw thing are still there, so maybe they are waiting for the ship to come back to get rid of more? I saw on here a while ago (not long before the first batch was gotten rid of) that they were going to get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

I saw the big boat a few weeks ago, and thought they were getting rid of it (my office is on the quays), but when I came back about 5 hours later, it turned out they were actually adding to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 well well well

as far as i know the city council are in talks with the company about removing the eye soar. it wouldn't be allowed to happen in any other major city in the first place

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I read about this in the paper. They were given permission to do it for a short period of time but when the deal expired, they continued regardless and ignored everyone. Now the council are bringing them to court.

• Advertisement
Advertisement