Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardest n easiest accounting topic?

Options
  • 24-02-2008 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hey guys I was just wondering what do you think is the hardest and easiest accounting topic. well we are not doing the 120 marks question..

well I am in 5th year we ve done dep a/c revaluation a/c services ,club n farmers a/c so far, and they are grand..we are doing this tabular thingy now and it really is really bad
    -___-i actually have to sit down and think for ages before i write down anything, haven't work out any of them a/c yet .:confused:s *frustrating* ..lol ..

so yeah i was just wondering what in ur opinion is the hardest and easiest Q

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This is coming from experience. My teacher only does Q1, she doesn't touch the 60 marks. Last year(I'm a repeat) I did grinds for accounting and decided to go along the 60 mark question route against my teacher's will and she was right(She is almost always right!). It's much harder to do 60 marks than it is to just learn the adjustments in Q1. Your teacher is crazy for not doing Q1.

In my opinion, the Ratios and Tabular are the hardest topics and the Suspense and Published are the easiest...Cash Flow Statement is a bit of a pain but it really can't be worse than the Ratio...

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

I don't think the ratios are that difficult. Most of it is just learning off formulas. I'd prefer club accounts or published accounts from section 2 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

i dont really know which one is the hardest.. but the ratios, debtors, creditors and the suspense are the most topics that i dislike.. hate theory qs :( arrgh..
    Publish, cash flow and dep are favourits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

suspense-gun to the head.....club be one of the easiest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I can never get the club accounts out! Such a pain! I know what I'm doing, just doing something wrong which ****s up the entire question!

Sole Trader Final Accounts and Cash Budget by far the easiest. In fact nearly all of Section C is simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

My favourite questions have got to be: Interpretation of Accounts, Marginal Costing, Cash Flow Statements, Incomplete Records and Suspense Accounts.

I really, really hate Manufacturing Final accounts and subsequently messed it up in my moc exam yesterday but did pretty well in everything else. :)
    Not a huge fan on Service Firms either. *shivers*

Wow, everyone is sooo different.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

My favourite are cash flow, incomplete records, club, depr and published are not to bad.

My least favourite are suspense (:confused:) and the ratio question. Also, not to fond of any of the management accounting. It just confuses me! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

how can u find the ratios difficult!!!! its the same eeeeeevery year so just learn it off n get top marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i think club, production budgets, flexible and tabular are the easy ones

(praying for them to be on the LC this year)

Hate Interpretation of accounts,Cash flow and ratios
    (basicly the ones where you have to learn alot of formulas or headings)(and basicly i done poorly in my AC mock because I didn't have them learned. I blame maths paper 2 for being on the same day)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Same as you Irish Boy90...I hate any of the long ones like cash flow or ratios where you have to learn long layouts and formulas..
    I like flexible, production, club and farm lol...not alot really!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

:p thx pplz ^ ^ wow like we are all different..

ummm, i really do think i picked the wrong subject,-_- i don't like it,]..well i spoz i can't complain...because it a easy subject to get an A on ..that's my only motivation lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

interpretation of accounts is very easy but question 1 is quite hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Yep, the notes in Q1 are hard enough....... just need to be learned off. I like ratio's though, unlike everyone else it seems?

You can't be serious? There is much less to learn off in Q1 than the Ratios...Ratios have lots of, eh, words...nast-eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I guess...... but i suppose i dont mind the "words". Although i admit it does have a lot of learning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

what came up on the accounting examcraft mocks??? Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Q1, Prod budg, Marg cost, tab, club and suspense.

There is no learnin 4 q1!!! We were told 2 avoid ratios because they're marked deadly.

Every1 like published. I hate them(way 2 long and always have theory)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭u2livecd

I was wondering if any of you had accounting grinds and if so:

1. How long for?
    2. What was the cost?
    3. What was covered?
    4. Did you get handouts or did he/she just arrive and teach you from your book?

Thanks.

I got grinds last year. One on one. €35 an hour and she dropped me home. Everything was covered but she changed my mind about Q1 and I ended up doing two 60marks. BIG mistake. Only got a D3 which was worse than my mock. Repeating this year, got my head stuck into it, came out with a B3 for my mock. You don't need grinds...just pay attention in class...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Accounting is by far the easiest subject I am doing in the LC.

Q1 is handy, just know the layout (manufacturing) and the notes (simple enough when on a manufacturing account)

Personally I dont like published, because of the 'notes' you have to write up after it.
    Ratios is just a case of knowing the formulas, and club accounts are also handy.

Marginal Costing is similar enough to ratios, in that you have to know a few formulas.

All in all I believe that with practice, this can be a very beneficial subject in terms of picking up points.
    Ignore the book, and do exam questions from day 1.

What I can't understand is some people like Ratios but don't like Published because of a few notes. There is a lot more to learn in the ratios...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I think published and ratio's are both very easy.

Well then you are one of the lucky ones! I like published but I DESPISE Ratios...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

thanks everybody for your kindness replies? lol.. =)
    i can't really get involved in this ratio and publish discussion, i haven't done them yet =)

accounting is def a good subject for points, that's what i ve been told.. depite the fact i am not really a ' accounting person'

Advertisement