Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rowing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

used to b with carlow, now unaffiliated. havent rowed for about a year maybe coming close to two, want to get back into it, after the champs, want to have a fun row?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MrDrifter

Ah yeah I know what you mean. Its so much pressure for the champs though.its not fair. You know the rule about novice was changed, that you can only race it if you have been rowing for less than two years!!!! :D

Means a fairer race for me anyway.

oh cool, the old winning rule was abit gay, tbh, hows the stomach for the champs? on the point how is everyone for the champs? whose registered to what?

They still have it too. If youve been racing for two years, or won a full status regatta, (or two semi status) theny ou cant race novice. Its much fairer, but weve been against a few crowds who raced in france and things for 2 or 3 years and its just not fair. Only two weeks to go until champs, and Im bricking it already. Imagine how Im gonna be on the start

have you had much lake rowing expierence?

• Advertisement

Ive been in iniscarra 3 times this year. Raced the championship course last saturday at the monkstown regatta, but there was no lane markings between some of the lanes (2 and 3, then 4 &5) so thgey should be down by the champs. The coupe is being held there this year so they have to have it ready.

ah, you should be fine! its a bit fun at the end of the day, as a novice you probably arent really looking at a world champ...

ah yeah. Just as long as I dont go in I dont mind. Ive been in the suir enough times (twice is more than enough) you be racing next season?

passively racing i'd say, just for fun,feel like going for a fun row in waterford, after the champs.....

ah right yeah. You from waterford or anywhere near here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sexynurse

Hey,
    i think it's stupid splitting up the champs......it was always such a good opportunity to bond with other clubs and see the more senior rowers in action!!
    I rowed and coxed for four years but kinda had to leave..... :( Was so pissed off and haven't been involved since!
    I really wanted to get back into it but my college doesn't have a rowing club :( ...i'm in DCU!....but i'm from Galway.

Any suggestions????

i thought dcu were setting up a rowing club, in association with neptune?
    try them, may be of interest to have a walk up islandbridge....i hope you stay in dublin, like during the week, my recommendation is neptune, i prefer them, i find some of commercial a bit too stuck up for my liking....

im down in waterford from time to time with work, training and the like, drifter, interested in a trip or two, in waterford?

uhm iDunno, private club and the like. Im only a junior for the club, theyre strict enough on not letting others out with us. talk to dermot grffin about it though.

have you got an email or contact number, for him?

uh not for dermot sorry :/

i shall try going through iaru and see what i get...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sexynurse

When did u hear that dcu were setting up a rowing club with neptune??

I was on the iaru website and there apparently is a dcu rowing club gave the captais name and email...i emailed him but i heard nothing back!? :(

well did you try your sports officer in dcu, just remember hearing something, either way neptune are a nice bunch o'lads

was down at the club tonight, used the ergos, went for a run, j14 and j16 have no respect man...no respect...going to pay my sub next week, and take out a scull. going to try and take out one of the racing shells

Advertisement