Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble playing with mates

• 24-02-2008 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I know this question may come accross as semi-retarded to many hardcore gamers but im new to this lark so any help would be appreciated. Basically myself and ten mates have cod4 on ps3 and want to play either on the same team or against each other online. Whenever i send a 'friend' an invite to join it never works or says there is a server problem. We have no problems when playing with randomers but when im trying to set up private games i always have this problem, how do i solve this annoying snag??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

+1

Keeps happening me too:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

You may have more luck posting this in the playstation forum. I would think that most of the people that look at this forum use PC's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

This is most likely caused by a port problem on your router and your mates routers.

You need to open the following ports for the ps3

80 to 80 tcp
    443 to 443 TCP
    5223 to 5223 TCP
    3478 to 3479 UDP
    3658 to 3658 UDP

And for Cod 4

3074 to 3074 UDP
    3075 to 3075 UDP

Pick your router from the list in this link, choose any random game and substitute the ports given in the instructions for the ones above. Your mates might have to do the same, I think it depends on who is hosting the party.

Advertisement