Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More car trouble from the scum-in-residence

• 24-02-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Someone had a go at both cars parked outside my house last Thursday night. They tried to force the window frame back and get into the car that way. Only minor damage, but it doesn't fix itself for free. After 35-odd years of never having any trouble with cars, this is the second time in just over a year (last time window was broken and stereo stolen) that it's happened outside my house. Has anyone in teh Balbriggan area heard of an increase in this kind of thing again lately?

To be honest, I don't think they were pros, in fact I think they were completely retarded judging from the way they went about it. And one car had no battery in it anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Do you know about the car stolen from FH on Thursday night (across the road from you??) and burned out at entrance to the mushroom farm under the bridge and Barnegerra around 5am.

Mindless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I only heard that tonight. I presume it was the same cretins, just unfortunately for him they managed to get into his car first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

sorry, where did this happen
    cathy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

i beleive a car was stolen from chapel gate aswell sometime this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

sgarvan wrote: »
    i beleive a car was stolen from chapel gate aswell sometime this week.

In fairness, that can happen anywhere. Hardly a crime wave !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What other estates are having problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

sup lads,

thats bad craic alright. I know it can happen anywhere, but I have not heard about a car being soteln from a house for a long time, but I have heard of radio been nicked etc if you left the car in station street or chapel street etc, but not from a housing estate. A mate of mine heard a noise in his drive about 4 months ago. looked out the window and saw a guy kneeling down by his car. the guy stood up, looked up at my mate, smiled and waved. My mate ran down the stairs and chased the guy for 400 metres until he cornered him. The guy threatened him and approached aggressively but my mate had a hammer so he theathened the guy and he ran off again via the back gardens of a few different houses in pitch blackness. this happened in a new estate in balbriggan. strange how the guy was on his own though. the cops never found him, but my mate said he was not local or Irish as he was saying "no no sorry no stop" in broken english when my mate produced the hammer for him to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Sure there’s not a weekend in Skerries that some thug doesn’t kick the wing mirror off a car off, on the harbour road or quay street; I’ve even seen them put a breeze block through the window of a car! Then there’s pulling the back wipers off the cars for the craic of it, it happens regularly in sea crest and kellys bay. If that’s not happening their breaking into pensioners houses! The Garda are no help at all. I witnessed a break into a shop in Skerries last summer, the guy was still in the shop, I dialled 999 and the Garda was more interested in me then the immediate events taking place. Then after about ten different questions on; who I was, he said that I was to remove myself from the situation and a car was on its way!! Three and a half hours later they arrived!! They asked me in which direction had he fled?! I stated he’s probably in Kerry by now! :D They scratched their heads, left and not a word from them for another six months.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

DubArk wrote: »
    The Garda are no help at all. I witnessed a break into a shop in Skerries last summer, the guy was still in the shop, I dialled 999 and the Garda was more interested in me then the immediate events taking place. :

aye, that happened me a while ago. I saw some guy getting kicked to death (pretty much) by 5 men in Mulhuddart area. I rang the gardai and they spent 10 minutes asking me who I was, where I lived, why I was in Mulhuddart, phone number etc etc etc. I guess you cannot report a crime anonymously anymore? Initially when he asked me my address I was reluctant to give it. The reason being if they called to question me as a witness and these locals saw the cop car outside the house I was renting in. The locals would know I was the one who phone and I might get a brick in the window or worse. so I hesitated and the garda roared down the phone "WHATS YOUR ADDRESS, TELL ME NOW?"
    anyway I gave the details. I need not have worried about them turning up to question me as a witness, they barely turned up at all. The 5 guys had bundled this beaten up guy into a car as he was roaring either "please" or "police" I coud not tell. they were gone and I saw a cop car do a drive by about 30 mins later.
    :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

My friends car was broken into in O Dweyers GAA club on sat night just gone.

They jimmied the door lock barrel out of the door and popped the lock that way.

They rifled around the car and took a small backpack and two jackets, there was nothing valuable in the coats and only her work uniform was in the backpack.

Yesterday I found part of the uniform out of the bag, in the entrance to the laneway leading down to bells field that runs behind Cardy Rock (directly across the road from the turn up past O Dweyers).

Mindless b@st@rds had slashed it twice with a blade, torn it for good measure and it had what looked like a cigarette burn through it.

What kind of scumbags are we dealing with out here, im born and bred balbriggan and in my 30 years have seen very little trouble in the town until more people moved in over the last 5 years. Now nobody knows anybody and the crime rate is spiralling.

Also that laneway is a f*cking disgrace, its full of discraded rubbish that was obviously dumped out of cars and some of it looks like it was turfed over the back walls of the cardy rock residences. The town should clean it up and light it, many of the men and women players etc from O Dweyers have to traverse it late at night by foot and by car and its always full of wasters watching everything.

Im no small bloke and done more night patrols with the army than you can shake a stick at, but when I was searching it last night with a torch I was sure to arm myself with a hurley and it was bloody scary to say the least, I had my mate sit in the car and drive along the lane as i searched.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 northsidetype

Hi,

If anyone is willing to go on the record with Northside People to complain about this can you shoot me a pm?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

From the Fingal
    http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/upsurge-in-car-thefts-in-balbriggan-1504858.html
    Upsurge in car thefts in Balbriggan

Tuesday October 21 2008

Gardaí in the Balbriggan area have noted a considerable upsurge in the amount of stolen cars in the last week in the area with older cars in particular, being targeted by thieves.

Gardaí have seen nine car thefts in just the last week with the vast majority of cars taken registered in the late 90s and taken away on the back of a pick-up truck. Local gardaí believe the incidents are connected and that older cars are being targeted in order to strip them down and sell on the parts

If you own a car thats more than a couple of years old then fair is fair.

(turns nose up)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Bluetonic wrote: »

(turns nose up)

It wont be long before we're all owning cars a couple years old...
    The good times are well and truely over!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Bluetonic wrote: »

(turns nose up)

Thats the stupidist thing iv ever heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Sarcasm not your strongest point then?

You should really stop reading my posts out loud so.

Advertisement