Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dazzle Video Creator

• 24-02-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I bought one of these to try and convert the large number of videos I have firstly onto the PC and then burn them to dvd. However after several attempts I've gotten nowhere with it. When I try to capture the video it doesn't show on the PC at all. Now being very untechie minded I possibly have something connected wrongly but I've read through all the user guides and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SGTdewdew

Nooo!
    That's bad news. I'm thinking of buying one.., now I'm not sure.
    Has anyone got one? Does it work?
    Will it capture an NTSC signal from a VCR and render it as a regular MPG ?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BigJosephGray86

Hi

I've also recently purchased a Dazzle Video Converter for my PC. I tried using my NTSC camcorder on it the last day and it did not work. The video signal was all jumbled.

With regards to the first post about the video signal not being received right, it takes a bit of tweaking in the menus but it does work. You also need to consider how old your PC is. If it is 2 or 3 years then it might possibly be too slow. I had to delete an awful lot of software off my tower and upgrade the memory too.

I hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sassy

Well I think I have it working now. A friend of mine tried it out and got the same problem so he tried using a different cable and it worked fine. I haven't tried it out again myself yet but I'm hoping that will be a solution. I'll post back when I've tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SGTdewdew

apparently.... The DAZZLE don't capture the PAL 60 signal put out
    by a PAL vcr when it plays an NTSC tape.
    You can change from PAL N, M in the DAZZLE settings, but that ain't
    PAL 60 - so it only captures to the PC in black and white... :(
    I just returned the DAZZLE I bought....
    Looks like a TV capture card maybe the solution... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Regarding PCI capture cards, any with Philips chipsets will be able to do PAL 60. I got a Pinnacle PCTV Stereo capture card a few years ago because of this (had a loan of some Hauppage yoke before, but it used some Connexant chip that didn't do PAL-60 either :( ). I don't know what's currently on the market though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement