Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

r/c crystal help please.

Options
  • 24-02-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭

hi i have just bought a FUTABA 6EXA R/C which is on ch84,also got a Futaba R138 DF receiver with it and charger.
    but i since bought a WOT4 aeroplane fitted with a Receiver ner 527x that is on channel 77.

my question now is what is the best solution to match the crystals,will the futaba 6exa work the ner 527x receiver that is in the plane with the correct crystal or do i have to install the futaba r138 df receiver in to the plane with correct crystal?

i really don,t wanna change the crystal in the futaba 6exa r/c.

whats the best to do here and also what crystals am i looking for and where can the bought,would appreciate your help on this thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Simply change the xtail in the Wot4 receiver !

They will work together fine, just take the xtail from the same manufacturer as the receiver (ie if the receiver is multiplex, take a multiplex xtail for it !), otherwise, take a Hitec receiver Xtail, they are the most compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

ok so i need a ch84 crystal in the wot4 receiver for it to be compatible with my futaba(ch84) r/c.

so the ch84 crystal that goes in to the wot4 receiver has to be the same make as the receiver in the wot4,am i correct?.

Simply change the xtail in the Wot4 receiver !

They will work together fine, just take the xtail from the same manufacturer as the receiver (ie if the receiver is multiplex, take a multiplex xtail for it !), otherwise, take a Hitec receiver Xtail, they are the most compatible.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Generally we use the same make crystal as the item make the xtal is to be installed in.
    So if it is a JR receiver we look first for a JR xtal, or for a futaba receiver we look for a Futaba xtal.

There are exceptions to this that we are aware of. eg Graupner-JR seems to work with all Sanwa xtals as if they are JR made.
    So does Sanwa cross over very well.
    Hitec is pretty good at working across makes in single conversion.
    Futaba and Hitec make "good mates" where the receiver is "single conversion" but the Futaba "dual conversion" receivers are happier with Futaba xtals inside.

If you have a "PCM" receiver just use gear for the receiver maker, since this is a "maker specific" transmission mode. Same goes for 2.4 Ghz frequency stuff, if you get it your old gear will not work with it.

Advertisement