Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Note hilarity - help needed though.

Options
  • 24-02-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Ok, the story goes:

We have a locked Nissan note, with a key in the ignition.

This happened as follows:

The rubber seal on the driver's door is a bit dodgy, meaning that sometimes it interferes with the door closing. I went out to grab something from the car, closed the door and locked the car as I was walking away. I didn't realise that the driver door was not locked. So now we have a situation where the car is "locked" but the driver's door is open. When this door is closed, it too will be locked.

Several minutes later my dad went out to replace a bulb and was confused to see the door open. He put the key in the ignition so he could use the lights. He then closed the driver's door unaware that the car was "locked". So the car is now locked with a key in the ignition. The other key can't unlock the car, presumably because of the other key in the ignition.

The other problem is that the note doesn;t have an actual keyhole, it's all done electronically.

So, we're pretty boned as you can see.

Has anyone got any suggestions? (other than contacting the manufacturer/dealer/mechanic) cos we're already in the process of doing that but have to wait til tomorrow, and other than the brute force option (as appealing as it sounds).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think there's a keyhole on the passenger side door handle, you may have to remove a plastic cover, or insert the key at a funny angle for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

as colm just said i think theres a key hole on the passenger door under the plastic cover on the handle flip off the cover and that should work .

Good old Niss-ault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Great stuff, thanks lads! boards.ie to the rescue again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Good old Niss-ault.
    I like Nissan.

• Advertisement

JHMEG wrote: »
    I like Nissan.
    Even the Tiida?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

Even the Tiida?
    i like nissan myself but thar yoke the tiida
    story goes that the whole design is the old style renault megan and if you take a good look it is very much alike and that they wanted this car for the eastern europe market and it didnt work out
    very much the cheaper end of stuff .the quaschi [forgive the spelling] however seems to be the dogs whatsnots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Even the Tiida?
    Ok, not that one.

Currently browsing R34 Skylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

If someone posted with the same problem in a Renault Modus(same car really), everyone would start laughing and we'd hear about how rubbish Renaults are(for the umpteenth time), but funny how nobody says anything about Nissan......

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Especially as its all Renault Electronics in Nissans!

But the same could be said if the OP had an Alfa/Fiat. I think all manufacturers are allowed some grace :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

i like nissan myself but thar yoke the tiida
    story goes that the whole design is the old style renault megan and if you take a good look it is very much alike and that they wanted this car for the eastern europe market and it didnt work out
    very much the cheaper end of stuff .the quaschi [forgive the spelling] however seems to be the dogs whatsnots

the Tiida is very like my (East German) next door neighbour's Dacia Logan:

DaciaLogan.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Great stuff, thanks lads! boards.ie to the rescue again!

it's good when a forum like this can get people out of trouble! Makes it wrth trawling through fog light posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

The Nissan Tiida is based on the Dacia Logan which is Renault's budget brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Same happened with a navara we once had, jeep locked itself with key in ignition and jeep running. It was sitting in the yard for an hour ticking over before someone had time to do a proper investigation and find the key hole... Stupid yokes that they were :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The Tiida Sport isint bad

Tiida1.bmp
    tiida2.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 23 plunkettrebel

This is a face lifted Tiida just launched in japan

Is that any different from the old model?

Advertisement