Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 customer support issue

• 24-02-2008 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I am with 3 and I upgraded my handset last year after a lot of phone calls from 3 trying to convince me to do so. I was out of contract and I had a very good phone and they were trying to offer me a new contract and a pretty awful phone. I told them that there was no incentive for me to upgrade as the phone that they were offering was no were near as good as my current phone. This went on for months.

One day I got a call from a guy saying he was a supervisor and he basically asked me what would it take for me to renew my contract. I told him that I wanted a phone which cost a lot more for free. He made me an offer were by I would get the phone for free but I would have to pay the money up front first. I would then get refunded the money over the next 6 months in installments.

I got €40 of this refunded but I am owed another €60. I rang up to ask why this hasn't been refunded and I was told that I was only due €40. Basically, I was lied to so that i would upgrade!!! I have got the guys name who I dealt with and I have found out that he is back in tomorrow so I have asked for him to call me. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that's 3 for you. a lot of people on boards won't talk to them on the phone anymore. they insist on doing everything through email so they'll have a record of what was said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Tuvok

Yeah, I should I have done that. He will probably say that he doesn't remember. All calls are recorded in 3 so I am going to tell the guy to have a listen to the conversation that we had last year to confirm that he has not followed through on his promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

please familarise yourself with the Rules of posting in this forum, in particular about customer support issues with operators:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055193994

i.e. take it up directly with the operator, or the relevant consumer affairs body. not here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement