Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf 2-ball bet. looks good.

Options
  • 24-02-2008 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

The market is:
    Golf Mythical 2 Balls (Draw No Bet)

The Bet is:
    John Merrick(to beat Brian Gay) in the Mayakoba Golf Classic

Price 4/5 (remember its best to do 'draw no bet' because you will get your mooney back if they tie rd4 scores. Its 10/11 without this option so its a small sacrifice for a marginally worse price)

Bookmaker:
    Paddypower

Brian Gay leads the field by 5 shots. I find when a golfer who isnt in the top 5 players in the world(and sometimes even if they are)finds themselves in such a lead they just cant find their scoring boots in rd4.

His opponent Merrick didnt have a bogey in the tournament until yesterday and seems solid.

Heres another edge. The last time Brian Gay led after day3(2004) he ended up finished tied for 14th after shooting 5 over par in the final round!.

The bet looks very solid to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Well done. Overnight leader Gay managed a 1 under 69! But Merrick rewarded OP with final round 67!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

No problem although i dont think most people here are that bothered about short priced tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

No problem although i dont think most people here are that bothered about short priced tips.

I mainly do singles, my rule generally anything above 4/6. Didnt see you golfing tip until this morning but was a great shout... fair play!!

Have gone down to 1/10 before on singles... singles can potentially make you money.

Bookies love the accumulators, lucky 15 type bets.. as the majority of them lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

You're right, most people here aren't interested in anything other that an accumulator with at least 5 selections.

But there are a few of us who take it a bit more serious.

Have no interest or knowledge of golf so stayed clear but well done OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Keep em coming Aidan, nicely spotted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Forky wrote: »
    You're right, most people here aren't interested in anything other that an accumulator with at least 5 selections.

But there are a few of us who take it a bit more serious.

Have no interest or knowledge of golf so stayed clear but well done OP.

I find that a bit patronising tbh. I don't see the harm in somebody doing accums for small stakes. Obviously they don't have the win potential that singles do but no harm in a weekly five or ten quid punt on the weekend footie to keep you entertained on a Saturday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭DocO

aidan brilliant bet - theyre the only bets i do, short ones.

Lumped on man u the wkend, only for france str8 (2/5) to let me down

keep em coming, thats three outa three now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

DocO wrote: »
    aidan brilliant bet - theyre the only bets i do, short ones.

Lumped on man u the wkend, only for france str8 (2/5) to let me down

keep em coming, thats three outa three now!

Your counting too!.
    Ah thats a bit sick with france but the 6 nations was designed to preplex the form students me thinks. I find whenever i do anything in the 6 nations win or lose im shaking my head throughout!. Nothing ever goes smooth in the rugby.

I see you got your old account back. Cant beat the old english!.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Keep the proper tips coming, dont post here much as its not really a gambling forum, more of a accumulator discussion forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Collie D wrote: »
    I find that a bit patronising tbh. I don't see the harm in somebody doing accums for small stakes. Obviously they don't have the win potential that singles do but no harm in a weekly five or ten quid punt on the weekend footie to keep you entertained on a Saturday afternoon.

No harm in it at all. Some of us though try to be profitable in gambling, have read books, bit of study etc.. and always looking for the good bet.

This was a great tip by the OP and I was just a bit pissed off it wasnt really acknowledged by the time I seen it.

If he had posted a 10 selection accum. he might have got 10 posts of discussions.

But yeah to be fair, each to their own and all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement