Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning Nightmare

• 24-02-2008 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    we have been looking for planning permission for almost 4 years in Ballina/Killaloe Co. Tipperary. This is a high amenity area (HSG5) and has strict planning regulations. Local need stipulates that you must have been born in the area or lived in the area for 10 years. 8 Generations of my wife's family have lived in the area, including her father who grew up on a local farm and is buried in the local church grounds. However even with these close links we cannot get beyond 1st base with the planners. We subsequently tried putting putting the application in her aunts name but the planners would only consider a replacement house to here existing house which is in an isolated and unsuitable location. It has been a frustrating time and local polititians have done little to change the situation. I'd appreciate any advise anyone could give on this and I have a few questions that I'd like to put out there:

1. Has local need everbeen successfully contested in court.
    2. Can a local person, eldery & living on their own in an isolated location (only house at end of laneway about 1/2 mile off main road) apply to build a new house on the basis that their current house is unsuitable because of it's isolated position.
    3. Can a person under 18 apply for plannin permission

regards

P. Clarke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This thread has been merged in the Planning Issues thread.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement