Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to replace my oil burner. How much?

Options
  • 24-02-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I need to replace my boiler and burner as its rusting badly and becoming unreliable. Its an external unit with galvanised casing. I can get it fitted by a plumber but how much form the boiler/burner part.
    Its for 10 rads in a mid terrace house.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

If its rusting it probably means there is a leak in the pump. I got a quote to get my boiler and pump replaced (simelar problems, just bought a 2nd hand house) for €1,600

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Cost me €680 to get a burner supplied and fitted last week. 20 minute job. Will obviously be more when there is a boiler involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Grant and Firebird are the best known makes in Ireland. Both should come with a Riello burner. Check with your local heating supplier and see which make they have. A 50/70 or 70/90 should do fine.
    Jim.

Advertisement