Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire

Options
  • 24-02-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

In the interest of knowledge and factual information, ahem, - there was a reasonably substantial fire on the wasteland at the back of the Park last night, close to the back wall - it was the dogs that alerted me to it (very Lassie-esque I know, but true).

With the breeze that was blowing, it would have taken only one or two sparks catching someones garden shed to spread it.

I phoned the fire services and they advised there was a unit on the way as they had received one other call ( only one other ??!!??) - they were here pronto to stamp it out.

There ya go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

The fire services got at least 2 calls from us and our neighbours about that fire. It was very close to some trees and lucky that they arrived so quickly - along with a squad car who should have picked up the culprits as they were throwing extra fuel onto it just beforehand.

There were also some fires last Saturday 16th on the road from Charlesland into the village. 3 in total were lit along the pathway and the guards were out dealing with that too.

Looks like we have some match happy brats about.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Hay-zoos, thats scary, it was quite a blaze, and as you say, if it had caught hold of the trees...
    I have to admit I was a little panicked.

I for one have to admit that I will be happy to see the builders move in on that land.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ronan.michael@g

Maisy wrote: »
    In the interest of knowledge and factual information, ahem, - there was a reasonably substantial fire on the wasteland at the back of the Park last night, close to the back wall - it was the dogs that alerted me to it (very Lassie-esque I know, but true).

With the breeze that was blowing, it would have taken only one or two sparks catching someones garden shed to spread it.

I phoned the fire services and they advised there was a unit on the way as they had received one other call ( only one other ??!!??) - they were here pronto to stamp it out.

There ya go.
    On the ball , Maisy, - congrats. One question however - was there a financial charge to bring the firemen out? Who pays it? Thanks Michael r. ps Have been told that they won't come out for nothing - hope I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Eh, bit lost on that one - charge or not, the fire HAD to be put out....... or should I have run out with a bucket for the sake of a few shekels ? To me its irrelevant who pays, the Man Co perhaps - or will we have a whip around ?

Presumably, since the cost, and not lives at risk, is of utmost concern to you, you won't be contributing ? .... sheesh......

Advertisement