Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recruitment ban

• 24-02-2008 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi people,this is my first post so I hope im doing it right.I want to join the rdf and i was told there is a ban on recruitment for the whole southern brigade,can any one confirm this and if so is this the norm and when would it be likely to be lifted.Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

a ban? odd choice of words... interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Probably not a ban. More likely recruitment for this years recruit camps is closed as recruit camps are starting in 1st week of june and it's takes time to process applicants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

No I highly doubt there is.

Go up to a unit and find out. whoever told you is probably a two star or a three star who knows feck all.

What unit were you thinking of joining?

My unit was still recruiting last year into April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭-boris

Interesting you say do,continue im intrigued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭-boris

Minidazzler your powers of deduction are amazing,you happen to be exactly right.34th infantry,b company.

What unit are you in?

Has there ever been a ban on recruitment before?

• Advertisement
Advertisement