Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square - Do you have a Grasslin QE7 water heater?

Options
  • 24-02-2008 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just noticed that I have one of these jobbies... and they can apparently catch fire. Anyone else in Castleforbes have one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Didn't one of them appartments go on fire already??

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to Grasslin and check if your model is at risk or if its one that has already been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

Only way I can see to do that is by e-mailing GE, and I've heard nothing about that since /shrug.

Also, it's a brand new apartment block and the management copy mentioned that they're dodgy too

As it happens the unit I had was one of the potentially dangerous units. The management company doesn't seem to care about this issue though.

So every apartment could be a fire hazard. Great management company :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

I had this problem (twice) with a house I was living in in Cork. I must say I found Grasslin very helpful. After the replacement unit they'd given me was also recalled, they paid for a new, non-Grasslin unit to be fitted by our local plumber. Cr*p product but good customer service.

• Advertisement

Sorry I should have said that I haven't had an issue with Grasslin at all. Once I got through to the right people they were very helpful. It's just that the management company knows these units are in all the apartments and they don't seem bothered about it...

Advertisement