Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JAysus, this is tense!

Options
  • 24-02-2008 5:59pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Full time whistle's just gone and I'll tell you what, I'd hate to be a Chelsea fan, they're barely holding on.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jonathon Woodgate, I think I love you :D

Mr Ramos, welcome to your first (of what I'm sure will be many) piece English silverware! Heart in mouth stuff for all of the extra time, but we held on, I'm fuppin delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Deserved the win, Nail biting extra time.

Let's celebrate, we deserve it.

Spurs are my Heart and Soul and I am so happy for all our Boards.ie members who went over for the game.

I'm not ashamed to day I had a tear in my eye at the end.

Great to see Peters, Mullery and the Great Pat Jennings enjoying the game.

Next the UEFA cup.

Glory Glory Totteham Hotspur

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

rocky25 wrote: »
    Spurs are my Heart and Soul and I am so happy for all our Boards.ie members who went over for the game.

I'm not ashamed to day I had a tear in my eye at the end.

Glory Glory Totteham Hotspur

Nearly had tears too - first ever final and a winning one!
    Great to see a real team win too instead of some assembly of foreign mercenaries.
    God Chelsea fans were so quiet - unlike the Yids who were absolutely outstanding.
    COYS - a new era has begun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

not afraid to admit it....i was crying it was amazin COYS!!!!! had to check teletext tomake sure i was not dreamin

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Woke this morning at 5.00 am, pinched myself to make sure and now today feels even better than yesterday!

'Twas worth the long wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

It is a strange day today - a great day, I have that Christmas day, Birthday feeling!
    I am just so happy, my beloved Spurs have done it!!

I prayed and prayed, "God, just this once, please let it be our day" and it was...........

Glory, Glory Tottenham Hotspur!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

HAHA, I'd say you weren't the only one saying prayers. I stopped just short of setting a magic circle up around the telly!!! :D I've been getting messages from my mates and all the footy fans here in the office - all the neutrals seem delighted that we've won it and deservedly so. Long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

i dont think i've ever been as tense during a match! I laughed, I cried i swore several times quite loudly but in the end we did it. we've been waiting 9 years for this! I was in my late teens the last time we won a cup!!

What a final!! simply just blew me away! and yes i dont mind admitting when i saw keane lifting the cup it almost brought a tear to my eye!!

I would have given anything to have been there. I bet it was electric!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

The head is just about clear enough for me to type.

What a fantastic day...We deserved to win...We wanted to win...We had to win..

COYS..The Glory days are well and truely back...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That was brilliant and we deserved it,the headache is only starting to clear now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Looking back at the match, Tottenham played in a very continental fashion. it was a tight game, everyone had to earn the right to play. Our fitness and strength, mental as well as physical were there for the world to see. The game reminded me of a world cup finals game between germany and italy.
    We were italy at their best- fit, assured, technically excellent, never losing shape, creating chances, tight as a hogget ewe (that's a reference to trying to get lambs out, sickos) in defence. That five english, a scot and a paddy, were involved in such a performance makes it all the more remarkable.
    Ledley king must be superhuman. To play for 120 minutes as he did with one game under his belt this season, and barely half a dozen last season- the mind boggles.
    It seemed to me that Grant tried to negate lennon by posting lampard in Front of him. Spurs simply played everything up the left- then switched Lennon over to bring him into the game. Clever stuff.
    A testament to how good the team was is that all three players removed had been outstanding. I know chimbonda behaved badly when called ashore, but he put SWP in his arse pocket. Steed was probably fukt, he covered miles. Robbie was immense, the most dangerous and visionary of all the talent on the pitch. If Pirlo, Xavi, Messi or Kaka had played that ball to Zokora it would be on utube.
    If Zokora ever scores, it will either be in the UEFA CUp final, or to beat Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Just stood with my hands on my head trying to control my breathing. Looking at the game, then the clock, then the game, then the clock..................
    It was horrible

Then when it was finally over, lots of stranger hugging and tears.

Simply an amazing day.

Advertisement