Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attaching 10 speed chains

Options
  • 24-02-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Lennard Zinn says that when attaching 10 speed chains you should use the brand-specific 10 speed chain tool. I just tried attaching my first 10 speed chain using the standard BBB chain tool and it's after falling apart. Is it advisable to do what Zinn says?

Also,anyone know where I can get rivets for a Shimano 10 speed chain? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's possible to buy a pack of rivets. They're usually sold in fives and a lot of online bike stores would have them.

I think Zinn might be going a bit far. I know I've had no problem with my Tacx on several brands of 10 speed chains. I will say though that getting big one is definitely worth it. First chain tool I had only lasted for one job.

Not sure what happened with your job. Did the tool or the chain fall apart?

Advertisement