Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig edited, no PM, not in SIGPO. ¿Que?

Options
  • 24-02-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I had an image of my radio showing Phantom on DAB, and now its edited with....

"(snip: sorry, dab image doesn't play nice)"

I'd just like to know who and why.

Ta muchly.

D.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What was the image?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Here ye go, Gordon.

phantomdab.JPG

Its been there in my sig almost a year, so I cannot see why it "doesn't play nice"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I've seen it before and thought it was kinda cool. But then again i know sfa about sig rules so....
    Couldn't you have pm'd an admin or biko?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Odd, doesn't seem to break any rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sig or text, not both perhaps? There is quite a lot of text even thought the font is small.

• Advertisement

Quite true, Hagar, I left my text small for that reason, its exactly the same as Boston's above. Yet two things spring to mind.

It wasn't a problem before (its there a year now) and is it a problem with the content of the image, hence the remover's comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

the rule is a pic and 4 lines of small text.... which means i'm breaking it too, better change that!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I always thought it was ok since the image was so small only 5.6k.

8 lines small size, so the SIGPO rules state. And people have text and images together.

When drafting my sigs, they are always with SIGPO in mind, so why, and why now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I've seen the sig before and thought it was ok. I do encourage (but can't force) users who report signatures to let users know via PM beforehand. I know this might cause some tension between the person with the large signature and the person reporting but I would rather users be notified. It saves a lot of hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

i assume only the admins can snip sigs or can s-mods do it too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

S-mods can change sigs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Perhaps there was an outage of homepage.eircom.net that was causing all threads where DMC had posted to stall?

It's happened from time to time.

Then its very strange text that replaced it!

Anyhoo, no responses or objections posted, so it returns.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DMC wrote: »
    Then its very strange text that replaced it!

Anyhoo, no responses or objections posted, so it returns.

I think what seamus meant (correct me if I'm wrong here, seamus) was that your sig was causing threads to stall because of the outage so it was removed to stop this.

I think what seamus meant (correct me if I'm wrong here, seamus) was that your sig was causing threads to stall because of the outage so it was removed to stop this.

Seamus has this habit of confusing me :)

I see what he means now, although I've not seen it occur. It doesn't mean that it hasn't but its new to me.

Does it not load past remotely hosted images? (Userbars?) Has there been a change in policy in this regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

DMC wrote: »
    Does it not load past remotely hosted images? (Userbars?) Has there been a change in policy in this regard?
    Depends on the browser/setup. I've seen whole pages hang while they wait for one image to load.

Hasn't happened in a while, but it's the only explanation I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

seamus wrote: »
    Depends on the browser/setup. I've seen whole pages hang while they wait for one image to load.

Hasn't happened in a while, but it's the only explanation I can think of.

Interesting. I use firefox and everytime I open a boards tab the browser will hang for 2 seconds before it displays the page.. this seems to be a unique issue I have with Boards.ie and its been going on like... forever.

Advertisement