Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

POSSIBLE CLOCKED CAR: Buyer beware!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

steve06 wrote: »
    there is no reg on the ebay ad.... enjoy getting sue'd lads!

Yeah i'm sure boards, driver, BMWDriver etc. etc. (This topic is on lots of Irish forums atm) will be getting sued any day now :rolleyes:

Infact i'm sure the seller has plenty of money lying about to pay solicitors with all the UK REG cars he's selling in IRELAND. Like I said, i'm sure the Revenue would love to know about this guy, I think the last thing he'll be doing is drawing legal attention to himself

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

there is no reg on the ebay ad.... enjoy getting sue'd lads!
    Sued by whom? The ebay advert does not mention who bought it and the reg on it is not any use over here.
    The RoI advert does not contain any personal details apart from the sellers phone number. It does mention that the RS (and the other cars) is a private sale. However, Im sure revenue would be interested in this seller both from a VRT perspective and from a business & taxation perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

well nobody know's if it is the actual car. For all anyone knows this guy could also be a private dealer and could be paying tax. A few people have said that they'd emailed the guy too, no doubt it was usual abusive nonsense when this has nothing to do with them...

If this was a thread that said "do you think this is the same car" then people could reply and be warned but this whole boards lynch mob attitude is getting old! I've been looking and posting here for years but I'm getting tired of all the opinions and bullsh!t, someone says "how long can you have a car without paying vrt" and suddenly you get "are you trying to break the law".... get a life guys!

I've been the victim of car clocking and I don't agree with it at all but there is no proof in this thread and forget about the revenue... VRT will be payed on the cars as they're sold - same as what a dealer does for god sake!

And if the guy is legit then he could sue for miss misrepresentation or deformation of character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

deformation of character.
    Did some one let the air of him?

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Did some one let the air of him?
    did someone have any proof of any allegations? No but they still posted his ads which have his phone number and he has since been harassed in a way by member here who've text him and emailed him!

If you're all so upset about these allegations why don't one of you who seem so offended by it all just spend some money, get a hpi check on one of his cars and see what's what and put this to bed! Or would you rather not spend your money, stay on your high horses and keep complaining!

• Advertisement

well nobody know's if it is the actual car. For all anyone knows this guy could also be a private dealer and could be paying tax. A few people have said that they'd emailed the guy too, no doubt it was usual abusive nonsense when this has nothing to do with them...

If this was a thread that said "do you think this is the same car" then people could reply and be warned but this whole boards lynch mob attitude is getting old! I've been looking and posting here for years but I'm getting tired of all the opinions and bullsh!t, someone says "how long can you have a car without paying vrt" and suddenly you get "are you trying to break the law".... get a life guys!

I've been the victim of car clocking and I don't agree with it at all but there is no proof in this thread and forget about the revenue... VRT will be payed on the cars as they're sold - same as what a dealer does for god sake!

And if the guy is legit then he could sue for miss misrepresentation or deformation of character.

Well why don't you ring him and tell him about this thread and give him a chance to speak? You seem to be so interested in the subject, it's the least you could do :D

Maybe then he can confirm that he has paid VRT on all of the other cars he's sold, and recorded it all with the Revenue likeadrain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

miss misrepresentation

Is this like the lovely girls competition?
    Ir is it like when you take a bird home and find chicken fillets in the ol padded bra?
    deformation of character.

Too many swims in the nuculer Irish sea poor chap.
    My face.............,
    my beautiful face............
    I'm mellllltiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggg!!!!

what difference does it make if he's cleared them yet? there's hundreds of dealers cars not cleared yet! I don't care if he has the cars for 2 years without clearing them.

I'm not interested in the subject, I'm just tired of boards members talking crap like this.... if you have a real problem go and sort it, don't sit there and type about it! I don't want to talk to him, why would I - I don't want one of his cars!

Thats my point - nobody has been defamed! The only details we have of the seller is that they have an 086 mobile and 'live' somewhere in Portlaoise!

well you could be stopping him from selling his cars!

• Advertisement

what difference does it make if he's cleared them yet? there's hundreds of dealers cars not cleared yet! I don't care if he has the cars for 2 years without clearing them.
    Legitimate dealers have TAN numbers and are fully registered with Revenue. Private people cannot hold on to cars for years without clearing them. He does not quote a TAN anywhere or admit to being a dealer.

so what... does it effect you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Legitimate dealers have TAN numbers and are fully registered with Revenue. Private people cannot hold on to cars for years without clearing them. He does not quote a TAN anywhere or admit to being a dealer.

Legitimate dealers often have no subscription to Carzone/CBG/other online motor advertising websites, not against the law to not have a website, and the TAN may be made available on request.

The enquiry is complete
    The vehicle details for SW53 FDE are:

Date of Liability 01 11 2007
    Date of First Registration 12 11 2003
    Year of Manufacture 2003
    Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2494CC
    CO2 Emissions 228g/Km
    Fuel Type Petrol
    Export Marker Not Applicable
    Vehicle Status Unlicensed
    Vehicle Colour BLUE
    Vehicle Type Approval M1
    The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
    Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
    6 Months Rate £112.75
    12 Months Rate £205.00
    Note the export marker.

This guy does not look like a dealer tbh.

And does that proove he clocked a car? Nope

Your defending this guy with much vigour. Anything your not telling us?
    And does that prove he clocked a car? Nope
    It shows that the car is not taxed and the DVLA has not being informed that the car has been exported. It will be liable to immediate seizure if it is ever returned to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Plenty of crashed/repaired cars about too lads. My missus was looking at a silver 02 WW ---- Golf here in Galway city 2 weeks ago. It was in the Galway advertiser, comfort line, low miles etc and he only wanted 7000 so she rang the guy. He told he was from Carnmore outside Galway city but happened to be in town that night and he would meet her at Tom Hogans Esso station. So we met him, car was immaculate but it was dark so he agreed to meet at his house the following Saturday in day light. I could not go with her the second time but she told me the Saturday evening he had rang back and changed the meeting place to Grealish's pub in Carnmore which is about 6/7 miles from the city as he was passing there at there meeting time. She met done a deal for 6,800 and was happy out. Gave him 200 deposit and told him she would pay him the following week. I was a bit edgy about the whole thing at this stage but herself would hear none of it. The guy was lovely, he had met her with his two young kids in baby seats in the back of the car and he seemed decent. So i left it be. Then he rings the night before she was to collect and informed her he wanted the bank draft made out to cash and not his name! At this i threw a major wobbly and rang my brother a Garda and had him check out the car and the chancer selling it.

The car had been involved in two major crashes and had been off the road since July of last year. It was rear ended in the first crash and went threw a wall in the second. It was written off by the insurance crowd and the registered owner was a fella in Westmeath and not the dude selling the car. But the best of all was that the name and address he gave us for himself did not exist at all! I knew people from the Carnmore area and they had never heard of him nor did he exist on the Pulse Garda computer!

Naturally we met him again and put it to him that the car had been crashed. He did not know where to look or how we had found out. He simply took out his wallet, handed back the 200 deposit and took off in his dodgy car.

well here's a bit of info for you if you actually paid attention!

here's the guy you're saying clocked the car: http://www.carzone.ie/913948
    here's the same car: http://www.carzone.ie/876611

now notice the car ID... the first car has a higher ID so was put up later than the 2nd one, the accounts are different which would indicate to me that the 1st guy got the car from the 2nd guy.... now it's marked as sold - maybe he's trying to return it...

1 - looks like you're after the wrong person!
    2 - still doesn't proove that it's the car on ebay does it?
    3 - the car has a Full Ford Service History.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

same thing happened to my da a few years ago he bought a bmw off a lad in dublin i think he owned a jewellers but he would buy cars that were wrote off and a friend of his in a garage would fix it up then they'd sell them and split the profit, cant really remember what was wrong with the car cos i was only 9 or 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Note the export marker.

This guy does not look like a dealer tbh.

were did you get that UK reg number from? theres a different reg on the Mayo car.
    its a pity there no mileage on that report.

Anyway this thread is pointless without proof that its the same car with 120,000 on the clock.
    Even if it was the same car, the private seller could blame the previous owner/seller for changing the mileage.

• Advertisement

were did you get that UK reg number from?
    Here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Your defending this guy with much vigour. Anything your not telling us?

It shows that the car is not taxed and the DVLA has not being informed that the car has been exported. It will be liable to immediate seizure if it is ever returned to the UK.
    This doesn't mean anything.

The DVLA are often months behind in their paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I'm not interested in the subject, I'm just tired of boards members talking crap like this....

If your not interested in it . why dont you clear off to another thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

DVLA wrote:
    The enquiry is complete
    The vehicle details for MJ03 XKY are:

Date of Liability 16 01 2008
    Date of First Registration 28 05 2003
    Year of Manufacture 2003
    Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1896CC
    CO2 Emissions 154g/Km
    Fuel Type Heavy Oil
    Export Marker Not Applicable
    Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour GREY
    Vehicle Type Approval M1
    The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
    Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
    6 Months Rate £77.00
    12 Months Rate £140.00
    I must enquire about this honco the next time I am in Portlaoise. :D

JohnCleary wrote: »
    --Quoted Post Deleted--

I'm Sorry, but why are you naming a person that possibly has done nothing wrong, other then try to sell a UK car in Ireland?

this thread is completely pointless. What has this person got to do with a 120,000 mile Ford Focus RS

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    I'm Sorry, but why are you naming a person that possibly has done nothing wrong, other then try to sell a UK car in Ireland?

this thread is completely pointless.

I'm going to get shot down for this, but isin't that, like, totally illegal omgzzzzz?!

Agreed! It is totally illegal.

The phone number on carzone could is linked to a David Harding. That info was easily found using Google.
    I don't know how the definitive link to a forum profile that JohnCleary has posted was formed - there appear to be loads of David Hardings in Laois. JohnCleary's post removed.

• Advertisement

whats all this got to do with clocked cars???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement