Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Last

Options
  • 24-02-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

At last we have a bit of silverware. It's been a long time since 1999. I'm just back from the pub and I'm over the moon. What a day. Great performances from our lads today. For all those that post on here, wherever you watched the game, I hope you enjoyed it today. RAMOS IS THE MAN!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I am delighted for us and of course Ramos but i would like to say that Martin Jol does deserve some credit for getting the weels in motion after all he did build a good part of our team.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

I'm not a Spurs fan but I'm delighted to see they won and they deserved it, they were much better than Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sligo Spur

At last...................................

COYS........................

fair play to all the non Cski fans in pub that kept me sane 2day..........................

COYS:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 monvoy

WooHoo I'm made up ! Watched the game in a chelski fan's house and let me tell you how good it was to see his face afterwards.... he practically kicked me out of the house!!!he!he!he! I'm buzzin now though

But seriously now Drogba must be odds on for an oscar this year, eh? What about that dive????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

fantastic, great game, and fans were great today, i assume it came out through the tv too, chelsea were so quiet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Yep, from the TV coverage all the noise (bar a few minutes or so) seemed to be coming from the Spurs fans. It looked awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Ah man,that's so sweet.Respect to all the neutrals in Dunmore Galway cheering on Spurs with me...incredible anti-Chelski bias in the pubs....
    Onwards and upwards from here....ie UEFA first.Nerves are going to take a battering over the next few years if this is Ramos' default setting whenever we are ahead-to sit back and pack the defense....now where's my Valium.
    Great to see Ledley lifting the Cup.....fairytale stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

RingoSpur wrote: »
    At last we have a bit of silverware. It's been a long time since 1999. I'm just back from the pub and I'm over the moon. What a day. Great performances from our lads today. For all those that post on here, wherever you watched the game, I hope you enjoyed it today. RAMOS IS THE MAN!!!!!!
    to all the fans that travelled over,to all the fans at home,and to spurs fans everywhere your loyalty has been rewarded.as they say down my way,'im as happy as a PIG IN ****'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Juande at a time, Sweet Jesus
    Spurs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

He He,

I'm just enjoying the game again on TV, How sweet a day was this:)

YeSSSSSSSSsssssssssssss:D

I'm going to turn Sky1 later to see the Oscars, Drogba might get an award:rolleyes:

All Spurs Fans(God Bless You All) can have tomorrow off, with double time:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Drogba is a disgrace, Him and Joe Cole are the ultimate king of divers. They should be kicked out of the league!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Great performance. So many good things about it.
    1 who we beat. We never threatened the top 4 on the pitch on a consistent basis under Jol. Now we've matched Utd Arsenal, and Chelsea in CUp and League. This side is ready to take on the big boys.
    2 Were back in Europe. This takes a lot of pressure off. We can play the league on it's own merits, and aim for top8 or higher. Europe is a chance to win another trophy, batle harden ourselves against some top teams, and show the continent there is a fifth force emerging in the PL.
    3 This was King and Woodgate's first game together, and were they immense. If the rumours about King are true, we build at the back around Woodgate. (How Liverpool must be kicking themselves they didn't go after him.) If King can recover from his injuries, we have a pairing to match the best. Just think next season, a back four of Hutton, King, Woodgate and Bale- all tall, all fast, all strong, all footballers, with the perfect balance of 2 right and 2 left footers. magic. Totttenham have not had as good a back four in all my time supporting them ,and that goes back to the early seventies.
    4 Keane and Berbatove were just magic. This might cause Berbatov to think about his future. want to be an integral part of a team on an upward curve, with a realistic expectation of trophies, or become one of half a dozen fighting for 2 places at Man Yoo or Barcelona?
    5 Jenas can run our midfield for a generation with the right partner. For my money, Carrick was a perfect foil for him, and should never have been sold. We should never sell again because the price is right. JJ matched the Chelsea players yard for yard, and looks as full of energy in the 120th minute as the first.
    6 The fans were incredible. Often criticised for being too critical, (ironically really)they gave unstinting support to BMJ when the board treatedhim and the clubs best traditions with disrispect. Now under Ramos, we all belive that a new era may be unfolding.
    7 I don't know the stats, but how many times have Chelsea taken the lead and lost since Abramovic funded the assembly of the most expensive squad, filled with hard-nosed proven winners, in the history of the sport? To do it in a final was a staggering acheivement. This team have what it takes.

One last thing. Drogba may be a diving whiner on the pitch, but at least he had the good grace to acknowledge afterwards that the better team won on the day. That shows class.

One last thing. Drogba may be a diving whiner on the pitch, but at least he had the good grace to acknowledge afterwards that the better team won on the day. That shows class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Nerves are shot

One of the greatest days ever. COYS

The good times are ahead , Were a different team with Ledley King in it

Chelski are bad bad losers , only drogba had the good grace to say we were the better team , And the oscar goes to............ha ha ha ha ha

Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Great performance. So many good things about it.
    1 who we beat. We never threatened the top 4 on the pitch on a consistent basis under Jol. Now we've matched Utd Arsenal, and Chelsea in CUp and League. This side is ready to take on the big boys.
    2 Were back in Europe. This takes a lot of pressure off. We can play the league on it's own merits, and aim for top8 or higher. Europe is a chance to win another trophy, batle harden ourselves against some top teams, and show the continent there is a fifth force emerging in the PL.
    3 This was King and Woodgate's first game together, and were they immense. If the rumours about King are true, we build at the back around Woodgate. (How Liverpool must be kicking themselves they didn't go after him.) If King can recover from his injuries, we have a pairing to match the best. Just think next season, a back four of Hutton, King, Woodgate and Bale- all tall, all fast, all strong, all footballers, with the perfect balance of 2 right and 2 left footers. magic. Totttenham have not had as good a back four in all my time supporting them ,and that goes back to the early seventies.
    4 Keane and Berbatove were just magic. This might cause Berbatov to think about his future. want to be an integral part of a team on an upward curve, with a realistic expectation of trophies, or become one of half a dozen fighting for 2 places at Man Yoo or Barcelona?
    5 Jenas can run our midfield for a generation with the right partner. For my money, Carrick was a perfect foil for him, and should never have been sold. We should never sell again because the price is right. JJ matched the Chelsea players yard for yard, and looks as full of energy in the 120th minute as the first.
    6 The fans were incredible. Often criticised for being too critical, (ironically really)they gave unstinting support to BMJ when the board treatedhim and the clubs best traditions with disrispect. Now under Ramos, we all belive that a new era may be unfolding.
    7 I don't know the stats, but how many times have Chelsea taken the lead and lost since Abramovic funded the assembly of the most expensive squad, filled with hard-nosed proven winners, in the history of the sport? To do it in a final was a staggering acheivement. This team have what it takes.

Having been fortunate to be there i think you have given a pretty fair summary of the game. My only other comment would be i hope i've seen the last of Chimbonda - he is a complete whinging prat!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

I was working yesterday evening and as much as it killed me was missing the match. Full time came and my dad rang me to tell me the score, how well spurs were doing and that it was going into extra time!

I couldn't believe I was missing this so after I hung up I decided to stuff the job and left early. Kinda bad form because I was to train the new guy in but there were more important things happening!!! I walked in just before Woodgates goal... arm in arm with my dad dancing around the living room!!!

The boss found out and I have a meeting with him tomorrow and more than likely will get the sack but I don't care, Spurs have got the Carling Cup!!!

So when he asks me why I just walked out with feck all explanation I will tell the truth and say it was totally worth it!!! :D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The boss found out and I have a meeting with him tomorrow and more than likely will get the sack but I don't care, Spurs have got the Carling Cup!!!

So when he asks me why I just walked out with feck all explanation I will tell the truth and say it was totally worth it!!! :D:):D

Legend!

Advertisement