Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane190's 8 week plan!!

Options
  • 24-02-2008 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hello everybody,

From tomorrow (the 25th) I plan to begin dieting properly in order to get my bodyfat % to around 8-9%. i have been in the gym a couple of times a week since mid January but know feel its time to get serious. My diet has not been anything like it should but i've 'cleaned' it up. Here is what i plan for it to look like.

8.00am - Smootie ( banana, apple, strawberry, natural yogurt, 2 ice cubes)
    - Maybe a scone

11.15am - Either a 'Nutri-grain' bar or a 'Go Ahead' bar

1.15pm - A roll with chicken gaoujons, mayo and potato wedges.

4.30pm - 2/3 Eggs (scrambled or boiled) with a couple of slices of brown bread

6.00 - 7.15pm - Workout

7.30pm - Large can of tuna with 3 slices of brown bread

9.00 - 2 slices of brown bread with cheese.

Maybe if I am hungry throughout the day I will add a plate of pasta or a bowl of homemade soup.

I am only going to drink water (2 ltrs a day) and milk.
    I also am going to take a Knorr Vie shot daily as well as a multi-vitamin tablet and a cod liver oil tablet.

I know this diet is not perfect so please offer your opinions on how to improve it.

Stats: Male
    80.5kg
    6ft 1.5''
    BMI 23
    BF% ?? ( i would guess around 16/17% )

My main goal is to reduce bf% to single digits and then start a clean bulk to gain lean muscle mass.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dv6

im no expert but dont bother with the vie shot, as far as ive heard, they are just an expensive gimmick and actually not that good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

dv6 wrote: »
    im no expert but dont bother with the vie shot, as far as ive heard, they are just an expensive gimmick and actually not that good for you.

yeah, it seems a little strange how half of your fruit and veg intake for the day can fit into that little bottle.

My diet got of to a good start on monday but it was a bit of a disaster today. I'm going to make sure it is better tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hi Shane,

Fair play for wanting to loose weight, however I've my doubts that your going to get to 8-9% body fat eating bread, potatoes and Nutrigrain bars on a daily basis. Thats fine if your are working out and just want to look in shape, but 8-9% is REALLY tough for most of us to get down to!

I think you need perhaps to have a look at the stickies in the main fitnes forum for guidelines.
    Dont get me wrong, your making a start , and its in the right direction and thats half the battle, however I think so your goals are pretty tough so the diet needs to be REALLY strict to get there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote: »
    Hi Shane,

Fair play for wanting to loose weight, however I've my doubts that your going to get to 8-9% body fat eating bread, potatoes and Nutrigrain bars on a daily basis. Thats fine if your are working out and just want to look in shape, but 8-9% is REALLY tough for most of us to get down to!

I think you need perhaps to have a look at the stickies in the main fitnes forum for guidelines.
    Dont get me wrong, your making a start , and its in the right direction and thats half the battle, however I think so your goals are pretty tough so the diet needs to be REALLY strict to get there.

Thanks Longfield. I know my goals are going to be tough to reach but I am prepared to work for them. My diet has gotten back on track after tuesday and seems to be going well.

Can you tell my exactly what I am doing wrong and possibly suggest a solution?

Thanks for the replies.

By the way, I get cardio from football twice a week and from the gym 3/4 times a week also.

• Advertisement

Diet is going ok the past 2 days. A few small changes here and there but nothing major.

I got my stats updated this morning at the gym. Here they are:

Weight- 80.1kg
    BMI- 22.9
    BF%- 22.1%
    Body fat mass- 17.7kg

That means that i have lost just 0.3kg in a week and my BMI has dropped by 0.1. I was hoping for a bit more than that.
    I was extremely shocked to find out that my bf% was so high. I thought it would be around 17-18%.

I had a couple of cheat meals today for mothers day but I am going to make sure that the diet is stuck to from now on. NO CHEAT MEALS. I am going to work very hard to achieve my goals.

Does anyone have any opinions on the diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WiDGe->

just on lunch, would you not give the wedges and goujons a miss?? maybe a brown bread sambo wit soup or somehting like that??

WiDGe-> wrote: »
    just on lunch, would you not give the wedges and goujons a miss?? maybe a brown bread sambo wit soup or somehting like that??

yes i am going to change it. I was thinking a chicken and cheese sandwich or a chicken wrap.

any thoughts on those ideas?

Todays diet went ok. I'm changing lunch tomorrow to a tuna sandwich.

• Advertisement
Advertisement