Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

promotion from the ryman premier

• 24-02-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys, any UK non leauge fans here, does anyone know the promotion/play off places for the ryman premier leauge to the conference leauges, cant remember it my self and nothing on the website, AFC wimbledon, my second team, are in second place and 10 points of the lead, reached the playoffs last couple of seasons from 3rd place and lower

cant remember if its automatic promotion for just first place or second place as well

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

*Enter Des*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

*Enter Des*

*Drumroll please*:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I can't fathom understand calling a team your second team and not knowing how their division works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

irish-stew wrote: »
    my second team,
    What is a "second team"?

:confused:
    *Enter Des*

WTF? The Eircom League is not a UK Non-League.

How the jaysis would I know how the Ryman League works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DesF wrote: »
    What is a "second team"?

I'm guessing it's a team whose results he looks out for and has a soft spot for. I have roughly the same thing with Wycombe Wanderers. Stems back to around 93/94 when Martin O'Neill got them all those promotions and Steve Guppy played for them. I even have a Wycombe shirt from about 94. Don't support them or anything but I still look out for their results. No harm in it really.

WTF? The Eircom League is not a UK Non-League.

How the jaysis would I know how the Ryman League works?

I await the first "Well it's probably the same standard" comment.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I await the first "Well it's probably the same standard" comment.
    ...by some ill-informed fúckwit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What is a "second team"?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's a team whose results he looks out for and has a soft spot for. I have roughly the same thing with Wycombe Wanderers. Stems back to around 93/94 when Martin O'Neill got them all those promotions and Steve Guppy played for them. I even have a Wycombe shirt from about 94. Don't support them or anything but I still look out for their results. No harm in it really.

i will define, AFC wimbledon are my second team, due to one, i was originally born and raised in the area (my cover is now blown), AFC wimbledon were formed in 2002 as a fans club, following the move of wimbledon FC to milton keynes and then rebranding has MK dons,

since them i have followed the team through three divisions, the combined counties, promotion to ryman 1, and now coming to the end of their 3rd season in the ryman premier, and their 3rd time in a play of spot, have since been reminded what thier promotion/play off positions are, 1st place is promotion, 2 to 5 is the playoffs,

next is the conference south, then the conference, then the 4th teir of the football leauge, currently branded as leauge 2, and then on through leauge 1, the championship, and finally, the premier leuage,

would love to see AFC wimbledon and MK dons play each other in competion,

sorry, have taken my original question slightly off topic :o

Who are your "first" team?

I already knew who and why AFC existed btw.

DSB wrote: »
    I can't fathom understand calling a team your second team and not knowing how their division works.

as in my original post, i couldn't exactly remember if it was just first or second as well for automatic promotion, also as its non leauge, it doesn't get much coverage

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Checking Wiki

Only the winners are promoted to Conference South with 2nd to 5th in play offs

• Advertisement

Who are your "first" team?

erm, err, liverpool,
    I already knew who and why AFC existed btw.

sorry :o

just in case no one else did ;)

Advertisement