Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average time it takes to sell a house in current market

Options
  • 24-02-2008 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

What do you guys reckon is the average time for selling a house at the moment? Im talking about if you are selling your house and are open to offers as opposed to setting a sale price and not wanting to budge on it.

3 bedroomed houses out my way are been advertised for between 295,000 and 325,000. All the exact same type of house but in different parts of the estate (D15). Say you advertised your house at 290,000 or even 280,000 do you think in the current market there would be many viewings or are buyers just holding on. How long would you leave your house on the market before you took it back off (if you had reduced your asking price and still no sale).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its a "how long is a piece of string"-type question. Sorry.

You might talk to local estate agents and add a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Depends how much you want to sell it, drop low enough and somebody will buy.

In an estate with a lot of properties, the vendor would have to be very aggressive and stay ahead of the price dropping curve, i.e. better to drop and get it sold before anyone else has realised they need to drop more.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pazza

Put a place (in D15) on the market in January this year - agreed sale last week. We had on the market at over 350+ and sold for just under 350. We had a few viewings and some crap offers (320, 330 etc.) - we were in no rush to sell and I kept telling the agent that - and would only sell if the price was ok. Suppose it depends on what u are selling (we had a great garden) and what u are willing to see for. Get a good local agent who knows the area (we talked to one agent that was way off). Good luck with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

it took me 9 months to sell a 2-bed t/h in showhouse condition 12 months ago - it would appear that the market slowed down that very day, boohoo, the EA reckoned we'd have it gone in 6 weeks..........9 months later we were still looking at one another and to be fair, he worked his backside off to sell it

Advertisement