Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History

Options
  • 24-02-2008 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Hi, i've my mock this week and i'm looking for a bit of advice.

My teacher has been in hospital lately so we haven't actually covered any art history in class yet. A sub came in during the week but it was all terribly vague and rushed.

Basically, i'm wondering how long are your answers supposed to be and what kind of relevant information are you to use when talking about artists - i.e. the Irish artist question, i'll be covering Amanda Coogan but is it necessary to put down things like when she was born, where she studied etc.. in an opening paragraph?

I'm totally lost.
    Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

You haven't covered art history at all? We did art history for one class every week for all of fifth and sixth year... Do you know the layout of the paper and everything? Because unless you've been told Amana Coogan is coming up by your teacher, there's no way to know for sure that she'll be on the paper.

Anyway, it depends on the question really, but generally you don't bother too much with life details, it's more about the art, but sure for an opening paragraph it's fine. But try to answer the question given, and in your opening refer to the points you're going to make (good practice for any essay really).

Also I'd say your answers should be around 3-5 pages of an exam booklet, but don't forget that's with some diagrams (always illustrate your answer).

Advertisement