Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford (Focus) Dealer Type Question

Options
  • 24-02-2008 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

First of all I presently have an 07 Focus 1.6 TDCi LX Connection Estate, the fully loaded type, and really wanted a Ghia/Titanium spec, but this was closest, as I apparantly couldn't order a Ghia/Titanium spec estate in Ireland.

Over the past two years I've seen a couple of Focus Ghia estates with dealer stickers from a main dealer in Midleton in Cork, and Focus Zetec estates from a main dealer in Dundalk. To me this means that I could possibly get a Ghia/Zetec etc estate from an Irish dealer, but all websites or brochures say differently.

Now the reason why I post this is, that my regular Ford dealer in Dublin, rang me recently regarding changing my car, and I said that I may reconsider as I can't get decent spec, and don't want Style or Flexifuel Style, as they are plain enough, and don't have rear electrics etc. He then said that wouldn't be a problem, as they could apparantly order me a higher spec Focus estate. Does anyone know if this is really possible?

Before people post and say what about other manufacturers, I've checked these out, and no. I know for €33500 I could get a Mondeo Zetec TDCi estate, but I entend on spending late twenties only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would image there is little or no demand for a Ghia/Titanium spec estate in Ireland so it would probably not be worth the importer time and money importing them only for them to be sitting there unsold. Maybe this has changed as the Focus has just received a facelift and the importer has enough demand from dealers around the country to warrant bringing a high spec Focus estate into the country.

Alternatively maybe your Ford dealer has sourced a UK spec Focus for you from a dealer up North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I'd put a bet on it that any Focus Estate that isn't in LX or Style trim is from across the pond. Demand for small estate cars is very low indeed in Ireland, so it's not worth the hassle bringing in high spec models for a very small market, which is why presumably Ford doesn't.

There's nothing stopping you asking them for a new UK spec car though, cause I know over there Ford offer all sorts of engine and trim combos in the Focus Estate, but it would take some time before they'd get it delivered, and then you'd have a brand new car with a speedo in mph rather than km/h.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

LX Connection is the highest level of trim available here in an estate.

Anything higher must have been a special order or import.

Advertisement