Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No Signal" in Vista, 8800GTS

Options
  • 24-02-2008 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Just when the Vista (32-bit Home Premium) flashy logo is supposed to appear, my monitor gets no signal and goes into standby mode, it goes straight to the desktop in Safe Mode though, and it goes through the BIOS screens and Vista startup screens ok.

When I disconnect and reconnect the DVI cable to my gfx card and type or jiggle my mouse, it shows up, BUT my resolution is stuck at 1024x768 (instead of 1680x1050!) and that's as high as Display Properties will let me go.

I've reinstalled various versions of drivers and physically took out the card, had a look and put it back in, but it didn't fix it.

I'm stumped, is my card connectors screwed or something?

Ubuntu gave me some error as well, could only start in low graphics mode off the LiveCD and usually it detects the 1680x1050.

I was away yesterday and only got home this afternoon, I'll have to interrogate people see if they did anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Ok perhaps it's not the graphics card after all, but my monitor, an 22" Acer one.
    I connected my old 17" Acer to the same DVI cable and Vista started with it's native resolution of 1280x1024.
    This may not be something I can fix myself after all. :(

Advertisement