Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap fins?

Options
  • 24-02-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Is it ok to cheap out when buying fins? I snapped one today and would prefer to buy a set so I can keep 2 spares in case it happens again. A set of FCS fins cost me 55 euros last time, would an 18 euro knockoff set do the trick or is it worth splashing out (no pun intended)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭conman78

cracked my right fin twice before and now have 2 middle and left spares. One set FCS G5's, one a cheaper version from the Surf Dock. Cheaper one did the trick just fine til I broke it again so wouldnt be overly concerned but a better surfer would prob notice. you can't just buy one fin on its own from any shops as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I might chance the cheap ones so, I'm not a pro surfer let alone a competent surfer so its unlikely I'll notice the difference! Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

I might chance the cheap ones so, I'm not a pro surfer let alone a competent surfer so its unlikely I'll notice the difference! Thanks for that.

I think you're right, you won't notice any difference.
    The truth of the matter is that they're probably molded in the same factory in China and just branded differently.
    It's prob true to say you can't buy a single fin anywhere but some shops will do this for you, bluerock in sligo looked after me once in this regard. Fair play to them.

Advertisement