Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Primary Schools - Esker Parish V St Marys Parish

• 24-02-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi There

We are considering buying in Lucan and have narrowed our search down to a few estates in the above parishes.

Can any one tell me what the schools are like in these parishes?

Thanks

Julie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm afraid that it's over 20 years since I was in St Thomas's or St. Anne's schools in Esker :)

St. Thomas's school caters for junior infants to second class and then St. Anne's caters for third to sixth class. There is also a primary school in Airlie Heights, not sure what the age ranges are there.

Both St. Thomas and St. Annes have changed a lot since I was there, I don't imagine any of the teachers that taught me are still there but back then I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the schools. Not sure what they are like today. Maybe this reply will bump some interest in the thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,634 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The one in airlie heights is junior to sixth class. Its smaller that the other two (combined) but it is getting a two story extension in the near future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭phaze

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I'm afraid that it's over 20 years since I was in St Thomas's or St. Anne's schools in Esker :)
    Both St. Thomas and St. Annes have changed a lot since I was there, I don't imagine any of the teachers that taught me are still there but back then I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the schools. Not sure what they are like today.

Oh there are still some old faces alright! I've been teaching in Scoil Aine (St. Anne's, Esker) for about 8 years now and I love meeting past pupils who still rave about their teachers there! There's quite a few of them still there but many younger teachers too.

I think it's a great school. :p Brilliant facililtes and the teachers are invested in their students with many lunch time/after school activites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

I went to St Maryd G.n.s ...It was great i loved it.. very good with disaplin and all that.. very good with sports now aswell.. Teachers are all lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

^^Same with st. mary's B.N.S.

at least when I was there 15 years ago. Noel Noonan is still the principal I believe. Very genuine and decent man, remembers every student's name who ever went there. This is with a student population of 500-600

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

I went to St.Mary's GNS too and loved every minute of it! The atmosphere is so friendly...like on big family always supporting each other to give 100%. A lot of the teachers I had are still there and although a bit older now are still as enthusiastic as ever. My best friend went to St.Mary's BNS and loved it but I don't think the boys did as well academically there as it wasn't seen as 'cool'.

Advertisement