Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lunch near st james gate guinness brewery dublin

• 24-02-2008 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi,

I'm takin a group of 30 students to an event near the St James Gate brewery in Dublin this week.

Need to take them somewhere for lunch. They would probably prefer fast food like maccy d's or kfc. Any suggestions of places nearby (walking distance)??

Not reallyh used to dublin so exact addresses for sat nav purposes would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Hmmm - James' street!!

There really is not that many places to eat around there…
    IMMA at the Royal Hospital is about 15 mins walk away and it has a café downstairs. It would be a nice place to bring the 30 students. http://www.modernart.ie/en/nav_14.htm

The Tram Pub serves food I think - it's just on the opposite side of James' st (where the LUAS turns down to Heuston)
    Murray's Bar down in Kilmainham might serve food - not 100% sure though!

There are no fast food places near there - other than the usual chippers (but you can't sit down). The nearest would be the Supermacs in Heuston station!

Other than that - it will take you about 20 mins to walk into town. The first fast foodie sit down place would be Zaytoon … always good for students!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peterdoherty

olaola wrote: »
    Hmmm - James' street!!

There really is not that many places to eat around there…
    IMMA at the Royal Hospital is about 15 mins walk away and it has a café downstairs. It would be a nice place to bring the 30 students. http://www.modernart.ie/en/nav_14.htm

The Tram Pub serves food I think - it's just on the opposite side of James' st (where the LUAS turns down to Heuston)
    Murray's Bar down in Kilmainham might serve food - not 100% sure though!

There are no fast food places near there - other than the usual chippers (but you can't sit down). The nearest would be the Supermacs in Heuston station!

Other than that - it will take you about 20 mins to walk into town. The first fast foodie sit down place would be Zaytoon … always good for students!

thanks, might just take them to supermacs.

any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Apart from what's been mentioned nothing else. A few local spars for a baguette is the best I can come up with.:D

Advertisement