Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratches After Cleaning Bird Poo

Options
  • 24-02-2008 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Was cleaning a piece of bird**** off the bonnet of my car today using a wet rag but guess what? Must have been grit in the bird**** and I now see some scratches in the paintwork. Not deep but I can notice them. Is there any way to "fix" them without resorting to T-Cut or something like that?:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Meguiars Scratch X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

kbannon wrote: »
    Meguiars Scratch X

Agreed, steer clear of t-cut, scratch x is good stuff.
    If you can't remove all the scratches with scratch x get some autoglym super resin polish and put a couple of coats of that on top, super resin uses fillers which will hide lighter scratches.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Scratch X should help a lot, as long as the scratches are very fine - if you can catch the scratches with your fingernail then it won't work.

What type of car is it? I've had mixed results it, depending on make. VW/Audi paint is extremely hard, so I've found it not much use on VAG cars. But I tried it on a Ford once, and it worked very well for this type of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Scratch X should help a lot, as long as the scratches are very fine - if you can catch the scratches with your fingernail then it won't work.

What type of car is it? I've had mixed results it, depending on make. VW/Audi paint is extremely hard, so I've found it not much use on VAG cars. But I tried it on a Ford once, and it worked very well for this type of thing.

A new model Honda Civic. Lucky enough the scratches are not deep and the car is silver.

Silver, not too bad... they'd look far far worse on a dark colour! Try the scratch-X stuff, its about €15 in any motor shop. You need to apply it fairly firmly and maybe more than once.

Stay well away from T-Cut!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Bird sh!t is corrosive, and if left on the car will eat into the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

WHITE_P wrote: »
    Bird sh!t is corrosive, and if left on the car will eat into the finish.

Yes it etches thru the clearcoat....nasty stuff :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Why such universal thumbs down for TCut? Bad stuff in general, or just not the right thing for scratches?

Its far too severe. Brute force approach. You will potentially make the marks worse with it!

Advertisement