Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sat Nav for Dublin

Options
  • 24-02-2008 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

anyone got any recommendations for a Sat Nav that would be good for driving around dublin - a portable taxi driver if you will........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I would expect anything with recent ROI maps will do you. They're pretty much all the same in terms of maps, just more functions depending on price.

Go with a name brand and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

i heard that the Garmin ones are ok - but my know it all brother said they're not - any experience of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wallyworld

Suggest you go with the Garmin. Maps for all of Ireland are far more detailed on the Garmin.

If you are looking for Dublin only, they are all probably ROUGHLY similar (all are going to have errors and/or no mention of new roads etc.), but the general consensus is Garmin for the best Irish coverage.

Check the disuccions on the GPS board in the Tech area.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

cool - thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I have a Tom Tom 1, pretty good, although I am amazed at some of the route suggestions around town, and also the iffy mapping in areas that are quite well established.

• Advertisement
Advertisement