Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Please help : Can you rent a car having a full licence less than 2 years??

Options
  • 24-02-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I need to rent a car , is there any rental company that allows you to rent if you have a full licence for less than 2 years?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

All of them :)
    I have never had the date on my license checked at all.
    Also I worked for a car rental Co and am pretty sure it is not checked.
    If they do you could always say it's your second one.

Anyway the only rule I was aware of was that you needed the license for 1 year not 2 Years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 burke_emmet

Cheers for the info mik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

What about having a credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

I had this problem about 2 years ago and avis were the only ones that would take me. As another poster said they may not check the date but they will copy it and in the event of an accident,,,, you know where that's going. Best of luck anyways.Let us know how you get on for the benefit of others with the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

pirelli wrote: »
    What about having a credit card
    You need one to rent a car. Or at least you do from all the major car rental places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Ah but can you rent a car being under 25? I'm 21 and there was a couple of times where renting a car abroad would have been useful, but I cant? Same for renting a van?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

kdouglas wrote: »
    Ah but can you rent a car being under 25? I'm 21 and there was a couple of times where renting a car abroad would have been useful, but I cant? Same for renting a van?

Depends what company it is - I asked the same question about renting when 20 a while ago (can't find the thread though!) and I think St. Paul's Travellers were mentioned as not caring what age you are once your license is held a year.

Advertisement