Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monty Roberts "Living Legend Tour"

• 25-02-2008 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭

I was away in the UK over the weekend and I was lucky to go to the Monty Roberts demo in Berkshire College on Friday night. Excellent demo with both Monty and Kelly Marks, I finally got myself a Dually headcollar. I was shooting for press at it but I still enjoyed the show. I will post up some of the shots from it as I process them. :)

The Man himself
    PWK_1905.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

PWK_1600.jpg

PWK_1630.jpg

PWK_1658.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'd actually really love to see him.
    I do have issues with some of the things that he does (such as that 'buck-stop' gadget), but he did bring a new way of thinking with horses to the fore.

Its nice to see there is another way even if its not perfect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

Wooheee! Could those chaps be any tighter! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

:d

• Advertisement

I dont think so :)
    napoles wrote: »
    Wooheee! Could those chaps be any tighter! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

im so jealous Kelly Marks did some sessions in my old ridng school in Mayo and it was amazing! id love to see monty though!

Anyone know if there are any plans for either to come to Ireland soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

no not that i know of with Monty or Kelly they have various more dates throughout the year in the UK but i have details of another trainer who frequents Ireland often and if you would like details i can PM you an excellent trainer does not use any gadgets etc let me know if you would like details :D
    Even for the most experienced knowledgeable horse person you will learn something from the courses

monflat wrote: »
    no not that i know of with Monty or Kelly they have various more dates throughout the year in the UK but i have details of another trainer who frequents Ireland often and if you would like details i can PM you an excellent trainer does not use any gadgets etc let me know if you would like details :D
    Even for the most experienced knowledgeable horse person you will learn something from the courses

Yes do pm by all means.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

monflat wrote: »

agreed... the stables kelly used come to in mayo is a guy who did the monty course in england a few years back... ive backed multiple problem and young horses with him and it is truely an amazing experience! every animal reacts differently u can learn alot just by watchin multiple backs! id reccommend everyone to go and see a demonstation!

I saw the same demo on the Horse and Country channel last night, looks really good. I think its channel 280 on Sky..:)

Advertisement