Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Successful claim for tax relief for CIMA?

• 25-02-2008 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey All,

Im just wondering if anyone has successfully claimed tax relief for CIMA exams?

Im studying through Griffith (which is an approved college), but can't seem to find anything specific on revenue.ie to say that CIMA is an approved course for claiming tax relief on.

If anyone has successfully done this, can you tell me if it just accounts for tuition fees or if it also includes exam &/or exemption fees?

Thanks in advance.
    Drs&Crs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

It qualifies.

You won't get an exact list of every course that qualifies as the Revenue simply could not publish such an exaustive lis (foreign college courses are also allowable)

Just download a claim form (IT31) and submit it with receipts. It's a credit against tax at the standard rates so if you haven't paid any tax- you don't get a refund. However your parents may be able to claim a credit against their PAYE if you are still a dependent. It would cover exams fees exemption payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Drs&Crs

Thanks SetantaL,

When I really trawled through I did eventually find CIMA up there.

Thanks for the info re exemptions.

Advertisement