Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Quirkey's - Paedoville?

Options
  • 25-02-2008 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

I don't know whether this has been brought up before but does anyone else notice the level of sleeze around that kip? Now I have not been in it in a while, not that long either, think I went into it around September briefly. The dancing machine, girls around 12 - 14 on it, being drewled upon by foreign nationals who are certainly not in the same age group.

Now anyone who says that's not the case needn't bother, because I have witnessed it first hand on a lot more than one occasion.

I was walking by it on Friday night, young girls outside, not even 15 with a group of much older 'lads' hanging out of them. I know they may be little skanks or whatever with their cheap jewellery, trashy clothes or what not but it seems that a blind eye remains to be cast on this - years on - because I don't see how this sort of carry on has not passed down the grapevine to a few doors down....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Jay D wrote: »
    I don't know whether this has been brought up before but does anyone else notice the level of sleeze around that kip? Now I have not been in it in a while, not that long either, think I went into it around September briefly. The dancing machine, girls around 12 - 14 on it, being drewled upon by foreign nationals who are certainly not in the same age group.

Now anyone who says that's not the case needn't bother, because I have witnessed it first hand on a lot more than one occasion.

I was walking by it on Friday night, young girls outside, not even 15 with a group of much older 'lads' hanging out of them. I know they may be little skanks or whatever with their cheap jewellery, trashy clothes or what not but it seems that a blind eye remains to be cast on this - years on - because I don't see how this sort of carry on has not passed down the grapevine to a few doors down....

Would you be talking about the rather large group of Black men aged in their 20's who stand out there all day and night flirting with these girls, if so I've see it every week going past it on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

among others, yes. It's going on for years but what's being done? do the staff also throw a blind eye to it? absolute disgrace.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Yeah , can't understand why that goes on there!! Me and a friend went in for a game of pool one day and it was as you described!! It is very sleazy and needs to be sorted! Do the guards check up on this place at all??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Well I haven't been in it in donkeys years (and I'm only 17). In the very few times I've been in it nothing was ever done, in all fairness they can't do much.

they can't do much? surely if these individuals are just standing around - not spending money, they can be asked to leave, has happened to people in the past so why not now? Years down the line of course.

It's completely out of order. How can the staff stand idle and do nothing about it?

• Advertisement

Yeah but in fairness they shouldn't have underage girls in there, its asking for trouble!

Gridlock wrote: »
    Yeah but in fairness they shouldn't have underage girls in there, its asking for trouble!

are you for real? I think it's after 8 that it's 18+

Thats what I mean , it was evening time when we were there, not sure whether they have a bell on the door or not? But it is blatantly obvious!

I just can't see why this hasn't been stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have you made a complaint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Where can i find this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

snyper wrote: »

LOL LOL LOL

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emmie-lou

my bus stop is right outside that place and the amount of fights ive seen while waiting for the bus is unreal....its a dodgy place altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

snyper wrote: »

You and me both head!.

emmie-lou wrote: »
    my bus stop is right outside that place and the amount of fights ive seen while waiting for the bus is unreal....its a dodgy place altogether

I worked on the door there, I think your joking.

Although I would agree with another poster, it is a sleezy place with foreign nationals checkout out underage girls and other stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DisandDat

Yeah , can't understand why that goes on there!! Me and a friend went in for a game of pool one day and it was as you described!! It is very sleazy and needs to be sorted! Do the guards check up on this place at all??:confused:

It's owned bu an ex guard.

Thats answers a lot of the questions I have seen here.

Victor wrote: »
    Have you made a complaint?

No I actually haven't. Silly me. I am going to make it my business though to go in and make a complaint at some point when I see this. If it is happening outside I will be going further about it.

Also Mairt, as a person who worked there, why is it that it knowingly goes on yet there's nothing done?

Also Mairt, as a person who worked there, why is it that it knowingly goes on yet there's nothing done?

Like everywhere else, foreign nationals are dynamite!. And I ain't going near dynamite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What can be done? As far as i know its not illegal for adults too talk too teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

When Quikeys first opened, it used to be great. I grew up in arcade halls and I loved thrashing randomers at Street Fighter 2 in that place.

I went in there recently... jesus it's gone downhill. Really run down and seedy. It used to be quite clean and modern looking... now it just looks dodgy.

Does anyone remember the massive big fat bouncer that used to work there? He was a huge bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i go into it very ocasionaly if i'm in dublin, if i happen to have a few spare euros or time to spare, but there is something about the place, not nessesarly peadoville, but sometimes sleezy or seedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I haven't been in there in at least 5 or 6 years.
    But walking by there I've seen what people are talking about here, its disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Just like there isn't enough homegrown scumbags around there allready or were they all on weekend retreat to the other side of Dorset Street ?

It's not these girls I'd be worried about, God help the naive fools trying to get stuck into them. A peado after a bit of delectable stuff should go to Barcode in Fairview.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

I haven't been in there for a good few years but the bus I get from college stops out there every evening, its really nasty.

Its exactly as people say, lots of chavvy little skangers and then all these foreign nationals about ten years their senior. You'll often see them waring the face off each other in the entrance to the boarded up building (I think it use to be a cinema) just beside Quirkeys.

Don't get me wrong, we all know Ireland has paedos that were born and bred here, but they are usually repressed auld lads who stare from a distance. These chaps around Qurikeys are just plain sad. I'm in my 20's and if any of my mates went near a girl in her teens, let alone 15/16, they would be lynched and would never hear the end of their cradle snatching tendencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Yeah it's a bit much alright, but I would have been more worrued about the dodgy exchanging of bags down the back of the downstairs pool hall before it got converted

dublindude wrote: »
    When Quikeys first opened, it used to be great. I grew up in arcade halls and I loved thrashing randomers at Street Fighter 2 in that place.

I went in there recently... jesus it's gone downhill. Really run down and seedy. It used to be quite clean and modern looking... now it just looks dodgy.

Does anyone remember the massive big fat bouncer that used to work there? He was a huge bastard.

I remember Street Fighter well, was the king of course, used to play it in the North Strand Bowl all the time. I remember on Sundays though myself and friend used to go up to Quirkeys, certainly not the same place.
    What can be done? As far as i know its not illegal for adults too talk too teenagers.

What can be done is that sleeze bags touching, groping and flirting with children be asked to leave the premises and not come back, continuation should lead to the management to submit footage of this blatant act to those who can prosecute!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭AnotherYou

They should really close Smiths as well, all those kids in one place.

Who WOULDN'T molest them?

I think your missing the point pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I worked on the door there

You, sir, just earned my eternal respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

yeah its feckin freaky, sometimes its like the entire black community in ireland hang out at quirkys and they look real shady. ive never seen the paedo **** goin on though but then im not there much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement