Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossfire woes

Options
  • 25-02-2008 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I simply cannot get Crossfire to work.

Have 2x3870's. One in the 16x lane, one in the 4x. It's a gigabyte p35 ds3p.

running 3dmark gives me the same score as a single card. Both cards are in, powered and connected by bridges. Using 8.2 cats.

Gpu-z detects both cards but says crossfire is disabled but available. Crossfire is enabled in CCC. I've tried the usual fixes, removing Quicktime/RivaTuner but no joy. It just won't work...

Any ideas. both cards are fine individually.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Strange, did you check the jumper on the mobo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Which jumper? Shouldn't have to do anything to get crossfire to work, that was only for the older boards..

You shouldn't have to move a jumper, but maybe its in the wrong position. Check beside the pci-e slot for the jumper & refer to the mobo manual.

Sorry i cant be of any more help, dunno what else to suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well I tried everything. Different bridges. Swapping cards around. Different Drivers. Stopping all unnecessary software in case of interference. Different 6-pins and different molex in 12v. Tried flashing both cards with same bios. Nothing works, CCC says 'Crossfire Enabled' but it is not active in any other app (Everest, 3dMark) or games (cod4, COH).

Find someone else with a crossfire mobo & try them in that. Its the only thing left to try really. I'd do it 4ya but i'm miles away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement