Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i meant to drop the 01 prefix when faxing from dublin to dublin?

Options
  • 25-02-2008 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

could u please tell me what number you are meant to use when faxing; I signed up for the 30day free trial with efax.com, but they don't tell you

Just say the number is FAX: 01-1234567
    do u send to: 011234567
    or drop the 0 and send to 11234567
    or leave out the 01 and send to 1234567
    :confused:
    Considering I'm sending this from tallaght to D2, so I'm in the same citycode

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

If you are in the same citycode, just drop the 01 off completly

But it should work also if you fax it to 01 1234567

**edit**
    And how this is related to broadband =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did you check the help pages? Have you put in the country code, 353? It also says to drop the 0 from the number you're sending to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Did you check to ensure that your office internal PABX system does not require you to dial a "0" or "9" for an outside line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

I am faxing from my pc at home, not a business, so i dont need to dial for an outside line.

Now I'm more confused, cause one of you is saying drop the 01, and the other is saying leave the 01 in!!

I didnt know where to post this, i did a search and looked for ages. I'm lookin for a flat and I have to fax my refs to all potential landlords.. Have to move out on FRIDAY!!!

SCARED!

Thanks anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If you're calling / faxing a local number in Ireland it makes absolutely no difference whether you leave in the local area code or leave it out. The call will complete and charge correctly.

If you're using some international online fax service, you may have to put in +353, 353 or 00353 check the instructions!

I'd try formatting it as +353 1 XXX XXXX or 00 353 1 XXX XXXX and see if that works!

• Advertisement

Solair wrote: »
    If you're calling / faxing a local number in Ireland it makes absolutely no difference whether you leave in the local area code or leave it out. The call will complete and charge correctly.

If you're using some international online fax service, you may have to put in +353, 353 or 00353 check the instructions!

I'd try formatting it as +353 1 XXX XXXX or 00 353 1 XXX XXXX and see if that works!

Thx for replying as i need to get this right for tmrw..

Its grand about the country code as efax Messenger puts that in automatically for you, you just have to enter the comapny's fax number, which is always 01-xxxxxxx

Only prob is, I keep getting e-mails back saying "Fax was Unsuccessful cause someone answered the call" or some other reason..

Does anyone know, if a fax machine is turned off, what happens?? Does the FAX come back as Unsuccessful to you, or BUSY?
    Will they get the FAX as soon as they turn it back on??

Admttedly, I dd send the faxes tonite after office hours, and their phones were ringing out..

any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭SeanW

try dropping the leading 0 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Does anyone know, if a fax machine is turned off, what happens?? Does the FAX come back as Unsuccessful to you, or BUSY?
    If the receiving fax is switched off it will just ring out.
    Will they get the FAX as soon as they turn it back on??
    No

And as others have said dialing 011234567 is the same as dialing 1234567. Like wise with 0035311234567. If you're having problems faxing, ring the company on their landline and say you're trying to send a fax so can they make sure their fax is working, in fax answer mode, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

You might find it easier to get a useful answer if you ask a clear question :)

If you are relying on emails to tell you if the fax was successful, then I suspect that you are using eFax.com to send the fax. So you are not faxing from your PC in Tallaght, you are faxing from eFax.com, wherever they are.

Only eFax.com can tell you how to send to a Dublin fax number from their website. How you do it is pretty clear from step 21 on the link provided by jor el. If you follow those steps and it's not working, there's a problem with eFax.com or with the number you have. Try calling the number from a phone and see if a fax machine answers.

If it's urgent, hand deliver the documents, or find a business services shop and pay to use their fax machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭rav1410

Here in work we use emails to send faxes. Im not sure of all the in's and out's of this service but I know when I'm sending a fax I have to write it like so........

+353(drop first 0)number@fax.tc

Prob of no use to you at all but I tried :)

• Advertisement

steve-o wrote: »
    You might find it easier to get a useful answer if you ask a clear question :)

If you are relying on emails to tell you if the fax was successful, then I suspect that you are using eFax.com to send the fax. So you are not faxing from your PC in Tallaght, you are faxing from eFax.com, wherever they are.

Only eFax.com can tell you how to send to a Dublin fax number from their website. How you do it is pretty clear from step 21 on the link provided by jor el. If you follow those steps and it's not working, there's a problem with eFax.com or with the number you have. Try calling the number from a phone and see if a fax machine answers.

If it's urgent, hand deliver the documents, or find a business services shop and pay to use their fax machine.

Yes but I've paid for the 30day trial so they give you a local number to send faxes from with it

ANy ideas??

Doesnt really matter anymore; just guess I wont be paying to buy the service at the end of the trial if its this hard to send a fax thru efax.com

Advertisement