Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA to buy Take Two?

Options
  • 25-02-2008 9:57am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looks like EA want a slice of the GTA money making pie. First bid was rejected, but who knows. Trying to gain the upper hand over Actiblizzard i guess.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7262328.stm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I love the way Take-Two stated that they are willing to enter good faith negoations the day after GTAIV releases, nice one guys.

The first thing that comes to mind is the GTA series, but other games like Mafia 2, Bioshock and Oblivion were all published by Take-Two or a subsidiary of Take-Two. Of course, if EA get Take-Two, that doesn't mean they get Rockstar or 2K games, they will more then likely have to make a deal with them.

But I dont like this at all. EA are changing their ways, fair play to them, but i still hate them and would much prefer Activision Blizzard to take over Take-Two.

I just hope GTA saves Take-Two, cause as much as I love the series, I don't want to see GTA '09 on the shelves........

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Not good. More competition is what's needed, not less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

2k sports > EA sports.......please don't sell out 2k!!!!! :mad:

Advertisement